Forums » General Chat

Mid-week Wednesday Sept. 12 $$$ Stretching

• 2201 posts
    September 12, 2018 1:46 AM PDT
    How are you s t r e t c h I n g today?
    • 2201 posts
    September 12, 2018 1:47 AM PDT
    Happy Wednesday. We are at the middle of another week, heading swiftly toward the weekend.

Warm and humid are our weather words for the day. Plans are to take it easy today. Rest and hydrate. I am still not feeling 100% with the ongoing stomach issues from last week, and now I also have a nasty cold that has started. No money being spent today. Supper will be leftover chicken soup. Have a nice day.
    • 1434 posts
    September 12, 2018 6:04 AM PDT
    Luckee, I hope your feeling better soon.

Another grey and cloudy day today. Craving the sunshine this morning. It looks like I will have 4 out of the 5 grandchildren at various times today. My oldest DD has a dental appointment. I have two on the buses and my 4 year old is watching tv and playing with her dolls.

I will vacuum shortly. I just stepped on potato sticks in the living room. They are not supposed to eat in there but it's the way it goes around here. I am missing a pair of jeans and it too making me crazy. Looked everywhere this morning. Not a good start.

On the up side, the part for the car is ordered and a friend of my DD will put it in for us. A relay switch and not a big job. The part be here by Tuesday so it will be done before we leave for Boston and the cruise.

Some groceries need to be bought. Sandwiches and salads after the services on Friday and I need to make a potato salad. The reception will be held in the church hall with the church ladies putting everything out. Close family members will gather afterwards at my sisters. I will keep my standing doctor's appointment in the afternoon. I will need to skip it while on vacation as it is.

Have a great day everyone!

• 897 posts
    September 12, 2018 6:39 AM PDT
    Happy Wednesday to All. Mid 80's, very humid, drizzly. Still in what they call the Cone of Uncertainty regarding the hurricane. Keeps changing direction slightly. Unless a drastic change, though, one way or another we will take a hit. We are 4 hours from the coast but will still get a lot of rain, strong winds, with resulting downed trees and power outages. Luckee08 I pray you and yours stay safe.

Prayers going out for everyone's concerns posted yesterday. Mags, Happy Birthday.

Yesterday DH went to his chiropractor and then filled up both the old car and pickup truck with gasoline. I went to the prayer group. Last night was the first small group meeting from our church. Good time and great desserts. Today DH is at cardio rehab. I am trying to keep up with laundry, etc. Not even going to go near a grocery store - we have enough perishables on hand for a few days and canned goods/powdered milk if needed. Trying to get the house ready if we get any last minute phone calls from family who may need to evacuate. Everything is up in the air - literally.

Everyone have a great day.
    • 1468 posts
    September 12, 2018 6:42 AM PDT
    Hope you feel better soon Luckee. 38 and sunny this morning with a high of 74 today. Forgot to mention the other day that we heard an elk was spotted just outside of town Sunday. That's a sure sign winter is coming. There has been elk in the Jackson area for a week or so. The only spending yesterday was the propane bill. DH needs to put gas in the truck today and we may pick up sale items at the grocery store. Leftover Italian sausage for lunch and leftover shredded chicken for dinner, so all food from home today. I hope everyone has a great day. Jill
    • 448 posts
    September 12, 2018 7:29 AM PDT
    Thanks LNBee!

I had a nice surprise at the hairdresser this morning as she didn't charge me, as a birthday present. I have been going to her for 10 years - same colour, same style!

I managed to get to the post sorting office to collect my package and was amused to see a sign outside advising people 'not to read while walking.' I imagine there's a story behind that.

It's mid afternoon here and the sun is shining. I plan an early dinner tonight - fish - as I don't like singing just after eating and it's my new choir again tonight.

No money out today but an expensive week coming up.
  • September 12, 2018 8:00 AM PDT
    Happy Birthday Magsuk, hope you have a lovely one. Everybody in the path of the hurricane, I hope it is not as bad as the weather forecasters say it is and that you all come through it ok and in one piece.
    Landlord will be raising my rent January 1st next year but it is not the 4% I was expecting, slightly less which is OK with me. He has not increased rent since I moved in 5 years ago so it is to be expected. I have been surprised that it took him so long to decide to put it up. Prices have been going crazy the last little while as we all know. But I pay a great price for what I have and could not get it anywhere else in either here or Victoria or Sidney. Have to run and get ready for work, all have a great day. Sally.
    • 2224 posts
    September 12, 2018 8:03 AM PDT
    I am going walking this morning with my BFF. We do a couple of miles a few days a week and it's FREE! Then I need to vacuum the rest of the house. I have to babysit for about 4 hours today. I think I will combine errands to save on gas on the way to DD'S house. I need to make a deposit at the bank and pay my water bill. Dinner tonight Is Korean bbq beef over rice with steamed broccoli. Then I will water the plants and put a few seeds in the garden to start the fall garden.
    • 3754 posts
    September 12, 2018 9:11 AM PDT
    Happy Birthday Magsuk! added my prayers for zohner explains why she hasn't been posting. cool but no rain so far. so fall weather. told dh owed me for the toilet issue..so many pots of boiling water down until was at the point I could use the plunger which I threw out after. he said why do I owe you. you didn't leave the house. he revised his opinion lol dd said it was a ghost. my spark parents always ask does it get better..no just different lol

and no one will organize the parties. doesn't happen here same with holidays. not in his genes or his dads. sometimes he tries but .... why his mom used to make me bday meals and cakes lol but there is a pro d day the friday after so that can be the day. plus I am good at it lol and don't wait until the last minute.

laundry is on, went though some of mil's craft stuff. made me sad since she used to do so much with her friends and sister in the past but they passed on. scraps from the quilts she made w friend for my kids. hormones lol giving the stuff to make scented potholders the type you put hot dishes on. woven bamboo base potpourri some quilt stuffing material and lace around the edge hot glued. we used to have some but they got messed up so they went. all from about 20yrs ago. giving it to moms group which starts today.

will stop by my moms after moms group and see if she wants to go to store. have to get bread and milk. thinking fish for dinner easy highliner frozen and fries. since dd isn't home. all the reg kids activities too today.

was a totally different experience last night sharing a space ..little girls are like herding cats. more kids this year. one just cried for her mom most of the time so took the other persons time. plus my girls from last year like to run and play games of course. so it will be a learning experience.

This post was edited by marthamfi at September 12, 2018 9:25 AM PDT
    • 1558 posts
    September 12, 2018 4:05 PM PDT
    Pauline and I are making progress around my place. She is a bit OCD- lol she keeps rearranging things after we get them cleaned and organized. Tomorrow... we start assembling my desk... Hope it goes smoothly. Because we are both wanting to start in my kitchen early Friday morning. As I mentioned in a $$ FB post I have found a 3.1 c.uft. frost free, upright freezer at walmart.com for about $150. If/when I get it- it will only be for my meats. The top freezer of my fridge can be used for bread, veggies, ice cream, fries, and frozen pizzas. the freezer has a basket and 2 shelves. I may check overstock.com to see if they have anything comparable before I make any decision to buy... oh and the bigger TV that I've been wanting to get? On hold indefinitely.. unless I get enough in Amazon GCs to pay for at least half the cost of one from Amazon... which may not be until Christmas... or possibly cyber Monday lolBut it's ok... my little 24" tv will have to do for now... and to be honest- the freezer is more of a necessity than the TV. Another thing I decided to do? Beginning Oct1st, I will be making $50 payments toward my student loan principal through Feb 1, 2020. I should be done with school by the end of Fe. 2020( 2/24/2020 i"graduation" date. Then there is a 6 month grace period before mandatory payments begin As much as I'd love to make $100 monthly payments till then, it will just be way too tight. I am hoping to not take any more from my inherited IRA account. I mean $600-1000 paid off of what will most likely be $45-50 k student loan when it's all said in done, doesn't seem like much right now. But if it decreases the interest at all, I will have saved money- right?
    I adore my kids and I worry about them incessantly especially if they have what they need( food, health and wellness products(otc meds and such), food snacks, etc). I know I need to stop buying them things for a while for 2 reasons 1. do not want to max out my CCs and 2. I don't have enough room to store all the things I'd like to get for them so I can maybe worry so much. I have no need for new clothes (yet), bedding and bath stuff, other than fresh perishables, no need for food or drink. I went way over my budget for this month because I did the click list at Kroger. Yes, it is convenient, but when you cannot physically see how full your cart is, it is really easy to ignore the impulse buys. I bought 3 cartons of ice cream, and 4 pints of flavors I wanted to try. The pints were only $1 each but still... Pauline and I talked about it and the click list shopping will only be a once a month thing because it takes away from her time here doing other things. I'm embarrassed to admit this but I spent $270 at Kroger last week. She hates to shop and well, I can't get in and out of her pick up truck, so for the big shops we will do the click list at Kroger, and hope pray that I can control myself!! Anyway... just so much going on in my head today. All food and meals from home today as usual. And NO $$ out either.. woohoo!!

Angie
    • 3754 posts
    September 12, 2018 9:16 PM PDT
    lol angie I got the $1 pints of kroger ice cream sat in the states plus the cheese slices and other dollar deals