Forums » General Chat

Fantastic Friday August 10th $$$ Stretching

• 1480 posts
    August 10, 2018 6:48 AM PDT
    What's your fantastic for today? Jill
    • 1480 posts
    August 10, 2018 6:50 AM PDT
    50 and sunny with a high of 94 today. Still very smoky and has been for several weeks. Long day at work yesterday. Took a break and went to the post office and did the grocery shopping. Only spent $15. DH didn't make the Italian sausage for dinner last night, so will have it tonight. No anticipated spending. I hope everyone has a great day. Jill
    • 2833 posts
    August 10, 2018 7:29 AM PDT
    It's going to be another hot one here. I am in the process of trying to get out the door to run aa few errands before it's steamy outside. Library, bank, quick check ins with SIL and BFF.

Then towels to get cycled thru the laundry this evening early. And I really, really need to get some sashing strips cut for one of the Christmas blankets. I'm so far behind on them! My excuse is that the room is too hot to work in because there is no a/c back there. Yeah, that's it. LOL

kim
    • 2201 posts
    August 10, 2018 9:55 AM PDT
    It's going to be another hot day here in the 100's. I have to go grocery shopping and then to Target for granddaughter's birthday present. Then I have to babysit at 3pm. I am hoping to get everything done today so I can start the laundry before her party tomorrow. She's going to be 2. Time is going by way too fast. Dinner is undecided at the moment.
    • 3850 posts
    August 10, 2018 11:10 AM PDT
    I don't blame you retired no a/c! and so hot. I don't know how you guys do it. up to 90s here and just too hot for us. doesn't seem to cool down at night much either. sun goes down and seems warmer. a barge full of recycling tires, etc is on fire in the river close by. thought it was cloudy and wildfire smell but no smell and smoke from fire. so w the heat warning now they say keep doors and windows closed and no a/c units. is suppose to cool down and rain this weekend but will see. so need rain now.

my fantastic is a p/t job..someone who I used to do some bookkeeping for, wants me back to do some again. have to brush up on my skills though.

hiding inside. doing housework, crocheting, watching shows, movies I pvr'd a long time ago. what I have been doing with kids all week. will see if the kids want to do any chores. not things that have to be done right away.

not sure what is for dinner. pulled pork from freezer w/ rice was last nights. dh went out to lunch at work and ate too much so no dinner. made jello for dessert . so there is leftovers or will see later. got dizzy etc in the afternoon yesterday so had to stop and take an allergy pill, eat etc. so will see if need pill today.
    This post was edited by marthamfi at August 10, 2018 11:30 AM PDT