Forums » General Chat

Thrilling Thursday $$$ Stretching 8/9/18

• 1338 posts
    August 8, 2018 11:48 PM PDT
    Another great day for stretching dollars, saving cash and finding special deals. What special bargains have you found today?
    • 1338 posts
    August 8, 2018 11:56 PM PDT
    I found some bargains this week....My job has a "Free Friday" gift for employees- a loaf of French bread. It's a digital coupon and we'll get that tomorrow. Yum

Thank You for the warm wishes on my promotion. I'm excited for it.

DH's scan came back and surgery is scheduled. It's anticipated that he will stay in ICU overnight.

The spiders have invaded my home. We are finding them everywhere. We see them zooming across the kitchen and bathroom. The basement has them as well. It's been fun times for sure.
    • 1480 posts
    August 9, 2018 5:48 AM PDT
    48 and sunny today with a high of 91. Going to be hot for a few days before it cools down again. Got the car back yesterday. Not as expensive as the estimate, but expensive enough. DH and I got haircuts yesterday too. No anticipated spending today unless we do the grocery shopping today. Peaches are on sale for .99/lb this week, so will get some of those. They're regularly 2.99/lb and I won't pay that much. Italian sausage thawing for dinner tonight. I hope everyone has a great day. Jill
    • 2201 posts
    August 9, 2018 6:29 AM PDT
    I am babysitting again today. Grandson was up at 6am so I see a nap in our future. I brought a whole chicken to put in the crockpot for dinner for the grandkids tonight. This way all my SIL has to make is sides. My DH will be home tonight from his golf tournament and business meetings. Not sure what's for dinner tonight.

• 874 posts
    August 9, 2018 7:58 AM PDT
    Good Thursday to All. Mid 90's again. Bad storms yesterday evening which just grazed us with a few drops of rain and some wind gusts. This time I am thankful we were only slightly affected. A branch holding 2 almost ripe beefsteak tomatoes broke but the tomatoes look okay - not a very long fall to the ground fortunately.

Monthly trip to Costco with DH this morning. Got the usual 2 blocks of cheddar cheese, ibuprofen for DH, and some on sale toiletry items which should last us several months. Still enough on the gift card for a smaller shopping trip next month. Guess that qualifies as thrilling lol.

Not sure about lunch - probably a few items from the freezer that need to be used up. Everyone have a great day.
    • 3850 posts
    August 9, 2018 12:38 PM PDT
    funny we have less bugs this year maybe too hot. still up to the 90s here. running the hose and watering neighbours yard flowering bushes all limp. she is a senior and disabled so can't get out there for it. I do the stuff close to our joint fence but after being on vacay etc and no rain for weeks just too much for yard. suppose to get rain on weekend.

met friend for early bird special breakfast. vegging now. will nag the kids into special spring cleaning chores later. lots of laundry to sort and fold.

dvds to watch later from library ready player one and wrinkle in time. not sure about dinner yet think will make some jello or no bake cheese cake have a mix
    This post was edited by marthamfi at August 9, 2018 1:15 PM PDT
    • 1544 posts
    August 9, 2018 1:58 PM PDT
    finally a break from the heat and humidity. Not sure how long this dry and cooler spell will last. I've had a busy week. I am finally feeling much better, finished my course of antibiotics Tuesday evening. Yesterday, I had the 6-month recheck of my left breast- had a mammogram of my left one done. According to the dr. everything is stable, I will go back in Feb. for another check of my left breast and then my normal annual mammogram of both is also due then. I get my INR checked tomorrow afternoon. Hoping to be back home tomorrow by 4 pm. I overextended myself a bit with ordering the kids a few things for their dorm rooms. I'm not overdrawn, just will need to use most of my EBT balance on groceries if ever I get to the store. Plus I do have about $45 cash "hidden" in my wallet.
    No idea what dinner will be tonight.

Angie
    • 2833 posts
    August 9, 2018 3:57 PM PDT
    We had a couple of hours of off and on sprinkle last night and then about 20 minutes of a heavy downpour around 1 a.m.
    The storms went thru us a lot faster than predicted so we got hotter today than was forecast.
    I got uniforms and other clothes laundered last night in spite of bad headache.

I haven't done much today. DH got the bushy vine cut away in the kennel and has it ready to go into the brush pile for the city to pick up next week.

I have ground beef patties thawed to make for tonight.

kim