Forums » General Chat

Wacky Wednesday August 8th,2018

• 3850 posts
    August 8, 2018 8:43 AM PDT
    Share your day ! tips for beating the heat frugally
    • 3850 posts
    August 8, 2018 9:04 AM PDT
    congrats on promotion! keeping the blackout blinds down. doors closed though pisses the cats off. window air conditioner on. suppose to get hotter today.

leftovers for dinner. nuked a mac n cheese and cut up cucumber for dinner last night. going out for late lunch w friend and a sport event w ds later. dd has volunteer work.

doing last loads of laundry. declutter a bit. need to go though veggies from csa. plus keep decluttering the fridge. veggies from before vacay in compost and other things need going too old in jars like nuts in syrup. a bit every day keeps the mess at bay.
    This post was edited by marthamfi at August 8, 2018 9:10 AM PDT
  • August 8, 2018 10:16 AM PDT
    Beating the heat- go to work LOL. It is air conditioned and nice and cool at work. At home I have 2 tabletop fans and put them on as soon as I get in. My suite is at the back of the house and nice and cool in the summer. The sun hits upstairs suite in the am and then their bedrooms in the pm. First day back yesterday and lunch did not sit well, in the bathroom middle of afternoon bringing it all back up again. So just stayed on the couch when I got home. Dinner was half a cob of corn and some left over sausages. That was much later (10pm) as I had a snooze on the sofa around 8pm to 9:30pm. Went to bed at midnight. Feeling much better today. I have had to get a prescription so that I can take my antacid pill twice a day now instead of once a day. I get woken up in the early hours of the morning with severe heartburn if I don't take a pill upon going to bed. Doesn't matter what I eat or don't eat, it still happens. So making sure that I have enough of the pills to get me through the next 3 months. I have 3 refills on the RX, so a year's worth altogether. Not sure what I am going to have for dinner. Still have half an ear of corn in the fridge. I did cut it off the cob and put it into a container. Have a good day all. Sally.
    • 874 posts
    August 8, 2018 10:24 AM PDT
    Happy Wednesday to All. Back in the swampy mid 90's. Lisa congrats on the promotion. Mags hope your trip is a good one.

Lots of running around. Good check-up yesterday tho that doesn't include the results of the bloodwork. Warned doctor that I have been eating lots of ice cream, lol. DH saw his cardio doctor's PA yesterday. DH's leg is still very bruised and sore. PA sent him for an ultra sound at the hospital near us to make sure there were no blood clots forming. Result - negative. Thankful. This morning DH had his annual dermatology check-up - all okay. Went to check out another medical office - DH needs a new primary care doctor. Got a few possible names. Quick shopping at Aldi's. Managed to stay under budget even though DH was with me. Last stop to pick up new meds for DH.

Picking lower quality tomatoes - splitting because of all the rain and now the high heat. Also a few figs and green beans that the sparrows missed.

Heat beating - using ceiling and floor fans to keep the air circulating and drinking lots of ice water. Going outside early in the morning before it gets too hot. And of course ice cream.
    • 2201 posts
    August 8, 2018 10:33 AM PDT
    Babysitting for a few hours this afternoon. I have a few chores to do before I go to DD'S house. DH is playing in a charity golf tournament tomorrow so he's out of town overnight. It's a work event so it's paid for by the company. DS and I will probably order out. It is really smoky here because of the wild fires burning here in CA. I will work on my sewing project this evening.