Forums » General Chat

It's Thursday July 12th, 2018 share !

• 3794 posts
    July 12, 2018 8:57 AM PDT
    almost half way into the month ... share your day!
    • 3794 posts
    July 12, 2018 9:02 AM PDT
    Happy Anniversary Lisa! glad your eye op went well Magsuk and sorry about world cup! nice way to share angie. kids happy free 711 slurpee day yesterday.

getting hotter here but watered everything last night in the back flower baskets etc..had to run out as writing this and put sprinkler out in the front..past the allowed time but forgot about it. usual housework. dh bought up laundry to fold. more to do still. dishes done last night. rest always ongoing. think will get dd to scrub the tub. I did the toilet.

no big plans today. have doc appt to go over lab results. looked online..low in iron and b12 etc. so need to take my iron pills more. turns out it was my flower delivery with veggies yesterday so dh went and got them. very pretty and smelly. marigolds, stocks, zinnias etc.

did errands spent $120 on groceries deals on meat marked downs so got marinated pork ribs, steaks/chicken thighs on special, marked down chicken tenders, the primo spaghetti sauce on special, 1.25 a can got a variety plus the big cans of canned tomatoes italian brand, crushed, diced etc. 1.00 each normally almost 3 bucks each. plus ice tea mix and ice cream..always ice cream on sale. plus bread, cheese bread, hotdog buns. totally stocked up on everything we need.

dinner is all the leftovers of the week, roast chicken, pasta, smokies,the pea soup I made yesterday. crows got some freezer burned cooked chicken drumsticks yesterday and will get old ham lunchmeat I found in the back of the fridge.

will see what the day brings. dh bought a comcast so can watch youtube on tv...have many seasons of rupaul drag race to catch up. and books. kids got themselves off to school so means I can really start relaxing for the summer.
    This post was edited by marthamfi at July 12, 2018 9:23 AM PDT
    • 2174 posts
    July 12, 2018 9:05 AM PDT
    I am going to run errands this morning before I have to babysit. Dinner will be Korean bbq beef over rice with steamed broccoli. This is going to be a very busy year with hardly any time off during the week. I will just have weekends off.
    • 424 posts
    July 12, 2018 9:18 AM PDT
    Many thanks, everyone , for your kind wishes.

Kim - I hope you get some relief soon for your poor hands.

Angie - so thrilled that you are conquering the NuStep and delighted that you are going to have some practical help. You are very stoical with your difficulties and I hope that life is now going to get a little easier for you.

I ventured out to a local shop today to pick up one or two essentials. I felt unbalanced and a little nervous walking along. My eyes are exceptionally different from one another (like having eyes from 2 different heads, as the eye doctor said) so I think my poor old brain is just struggling to make sense of it all. In the shop I bumped into an old acquaintance who offered to walk me back home, bless her. I really felt that someone up there was looking out for me! Just taking it easy now.

So we are out of the world cup but everyone feels very proud of this young team - and it's the European cup in only 2 years.
    This post was edited by magsuk at July 12, 2018 9:25 AM PDT
    • 1440 posts
    July 12, 2018 9:56 AM PDT
    Mags, I hope your vision clears soon. Just think how lovely it's going to be when it's done.

Sunny but not too hot with a high of 84 today. Relaxing after a busy day yesterday. I went to have my defibrillator checked in the city yesterday. We took 2 out of 3 kids with us and hit rush hour on the way home. This makes a 1/2 hour trip into an hour. Everything is working fine but I need a new home machine my machine is outdated. 4 years left on the battery. It's been 9 years and it had a life expectancy of 10 so I will be squeezing a few more years than normal.

Skipped a big grocery shopping last week so that will get done tonight. Waiting for the nurse to come. She came yesterday but did not have the right supplies. Plenty of housework to do but a lack of ambition today. Dinner is in the crockpot.
    • 2129 posts
    July 12, 2018 10:14 AM PDT
    Happy Friday-eve to everyone. Slightly cooler weather here (in the upper 80s) the next couple of days. Our forecast is for thunderstorms later today. We had a storm last night that produced very little rain. Hopefully, we will get more rain today. I will be staying at home the entire day, and I have no plans to spend any money. I checked the vegetables and my tomatoes are beginning to turn red. Yeah! As always, the usual daily chores. In addition, there are still a couple of small items to finish off in the entry closet, and I will begin preliminary work on the August budget. Not much else is going on here (as always). Supper will be grilled shrimp, a side salad and chilled pears. Have a great day.

magsuk...It’s wonderful to hear your cataract surgery was a success.

eyrehead...What a blessing you were to that single mom. Great news, too, on finally getting some chore assistance. That is truly your blessing in return.

LisaYarosh...Happy anniversary.
    • 1463 posts
    July 12, 2018 10:15 AM PDT
    Retired, I hope your hands get better soon. Mags, would it help to put a patch on the bad eye? Not sure if that's recommended but it's an idea. Sunny and supposed to be 81 today. Working as usual. Will be in Des Moines next week. DH pulled steak for dinner tonight, so I only have to make the sides. Will do the weekly grocery shopping this afternoon. It should be the only spending today. I hope everyone has a great day. Jill
    • 1540 posts
    July 12, 2018 12:40 PM PDT
    Been a rough day here for me. First of all, my phone rang off the hook from about 8 a.m. til almost noon. OT showed up around 11 ish. I did not get on my NuStep, she wanted to work on my left arm and hand for an hour. She'll be back again tomorrow. Oh, joy!! Meanwhile, as we're doing arm exercises, I started feeling a little bloated and gassy... Not wanting to pass gas in front of a stranger, lol I am desperately trying to hold it in... BIG mistake.. After she leaves, I make a beeline for the bathroom. did not quite make it. :( I can deal with peeing my pants to a degree but when it's the other, it's not as easy to clean up from that mess. I have no idea what happened or why it hit so suddenly, but I tossed a pair of undies, a hand towel and washcloth, WOW!! Not a great day.. lol I had to reschedule my INR appointment for tomorrow, because I had totally forgotten about it, and did not make transportation arrangements. oops!! I just separated my dirty laundry so it's not in a big pile on my bedroom floor. No money out today, and all foods/meals from home as usual.

Angie

• 2819 posts
    July 12, 2018 4:02 PM PDT
    Thunderstorms in the area have drop our temps to 80. No rain here yet though I do hear the rumbling.
    Need to get a load of towels cycled through laundry and gather trash for tomorrow's pick up.

kim
    • 3794 posts
    July 12, 2018 4:46 PM PDT
    yikes eyrehead though I can sympathize ..was afraid to break wind yesterday something didn't agree with me at all so good old pepto bismol and gas pills. no one else had it so something only I ate.

was nice being in the mall for a few hours..doc appt..gave me a prescription for pills to take during my period that make the bleeding not so heavy...now why did no one ever tell me about this before. been like 10yrs of this. so got them filled at walmart. found a pair of dressy sandals marked down to 15.00 instead of 35. so bought them. got some frozen stuff. friend and I did lunch too. got more dvds from library. was texting my friend at wrong number home number not cell clued in after doc appt.

booked the ferries to and from vacation almost 400.00 but want to make the reservations so we can get on them.

This post was edited by marthamfi at July 12, 2018 5:06 PM PDT