Forums » General Chat

Mid-week Wednesday July 11 $$$ Stretching

• 2129 posts
    July 11, 2018 7:14 AM PDT
    What are your plans for this Wednesday?
    • 2129 posts
    July 11, 2018 7:42 AM PDT
    Well, we are half-way through yet another week in July. Time is going by at such a very fast pace as we are also approaching the middle of the month, too. Crazy!

Our weather is back to its usual for July as of today. We will have temp in the 90s with a heat index in the 100s and high humidity. I was able to get some outside chores done early this morning while it was pleasant. Now back inside I am doing the regular tasks and will move laundry to another day. I plan to reorganize the front entry closet this afternoon. I will also review the week’s grocery ads to see if there are any great specials I need to plan on buying for restocking the pantry and paper items. Meats are definitely off the list because the freezers are jam packed. Will be working on using what we already have in that area over the next couple of weeks. Staying at home today so there is no planned spending. Supper will be veggie/beef tacos. I hope everyone has a nice day.
    • 1463 posts
    July 11, 2018 8:51 AM PDT
    Sunny and supposed to be 84 today. Made it to 87 yesterday. It was cooler last night but we couldn't take advantage of open windows because a skunk sprayed somewhere and it was wafting in. Luckee, we are also not buying much meat because the freezers are full. If it's something that we're low on I'll buy it, but only a little bit. Not stocking up until we use up some of the older meats. wound up getting a pizza for dinner last night, so money out for dog's dog flu vaccine and the pizza. No anticipated spending today. I hope everyone has a great day. Jill
    • 3794 posts
    July 11, 2018 8:58 AM PDT
    I agree time is flying. getting hotter here. nice kids in summer school but getting them out the door..and dh routine is off now so he needs to get his butt in gear earlier. he gets up early but takes him an hour or so to hit the shower so kids up and in the bathroom too. I need a good nights sleep so hopefully they can all get themselves off to school and I can sleep in. joys of allergy meds.

need to grocery shop..sales at one store for canned tomatoes etc and steak. and laundry soap. second to last load in for the week. also libraries to go too. holds and stuff back. of course all the household chores. slowly getting stuff put away. work paperwork too. picking up my mom for shopping.

pulled shrimp out of the freezer for dinner with pasta. dd has art so won't be home for dinner. doesn't like seafood. kids stuff the usual.

got my csa last night. dh got a call his mom got home too late for person who gives meds so apparently someone else has to be there to watch her take them so he had to go over. found I had beets in the csa so sent them over to her. dh texted his sister to say that the person needs to have his number so we don't get surprised and can be warned. though kinda dumb because person comes at 8pm so cuts into nighttime activities. and what if we aren't around. his sister isn't going to do it. so it is what it is. on my to do list to ph about different meds for her.

got 2 things off the to do list...haircut and found all the old wildflower seeds and threw them in the land beside garage. going to put the small holly I got from neighbour in the entrance there off the alley so that will keep people out.
    This post was edited by marthamfi at July 11, 2018 9:14 AM PDT
    • 2174 posts
    July 11, 2018 10:05 AM PDT
    I am babysitting again today but only for a couple of hours. DD goes to school at 1:30 today so I only have the kids until 5. I had coffee with my BFF and got a few things done around the house. Dinner tonight will be hamburgers. I need to go to the store for coffee filters and eggs.
    • 1540 posts
    July 11, 2018 11:07 AM PDT
    I had PT again today, I managed to go a little over 25 minutes today or a little over a mile. The first time I actually broke a sweat... Before Lindsay got here, I went through some of my food pantries stash. She is about to be a single mother of a 5-year-old son, her soon to be ex, makes mine look like a saint- almost!!! lol Anyway, I had gotten a lot of canned veggies, boxes of raisins and last week, there was a bottle of apple juice in my food pantry box. I don't like apple juice. I also gave here about 8 individual cups of applesauce that I had gotten from my past food pantry appointments. So I sent her off with a bag full of goodies- I also gave her a thing of the hamburger helper a box of spaghetti, a multi-pack of ramen noodles, and an instant potatoes pouch, as well as some mac n cheese, and a small box of pancake mix. I figured there was so sense in me storing all these food items, that I will not be able to put to use before they go bad. I tried to get her to take some more of my canned veggies, but she said I gave her plenty. I don't know, I just feel better knowing that it most likely will not go to waste now... and I'm able to help out a single mom.

Anyway, no money out today is my plan. All food and meals from home as usual.
    Weather is beautiful here today, heat and humidity return on Friday and a rather hot weekend is being forecasted. I am thinking either sloppy joes or a pizza for dinner tonight. We shall see what sounds good to me later.. lol

Angie
    • 424 posts
    July 11, 2018 11:26 AM PDT
    Well I had my cataract surgery on Monday and all went well. Today my vision is much less blurred. so moving in the right well. Sally, thanks for all the helpful advice about this.

Just a quick check in, as I am watching England v Croatia in the world cup. The whole country has come to a standstill/
    • 2819 posts
    July 11, 2018 2:42 PM PDT
    Glad to hear that mags.
    Hot again after a brief respite of 3 days in the mid 90's. Will be going with baby brother in a bit to get him a couple of pairs of work pants. He started a new job this week with guaranteed pay. But he only wore shorts at his day labor job. He tried to talk me into just giving him money but truthfully, I don't trust him to use it for pants.

SIL will be with him and I will get her to mix up a meatloaf for me. I don't want to do it my self since my hands are peeling so bad. DH probably won't feel like eating it tonight but at least it can be in the fridge for him for later.

The dr gave him a new sleep aid yesterday. I am hopeful that he will get longer rest with it than this last one where he was waking up after only 4 hours.

I haven't been able to work on the quilts/blankets any this week because of my hands but I have some gloves coming in that will help with that and keeping the meds on my skin.

kim
    • 1322 posts
    July 11, 2018 7:12 PM PDT
    Angie- That was so nice of you to help her out with food. Very thoughtful.

We didn't do anything for our anniversary today.

We took DS2 to the university to figure out his college classes and speak to someone who can make sure he is on track. Despite all of the bad information given to us, class schedule changes, arguing over if he can declare a major or not.... Me, DH and DS2 had chosen his classes for the first semester and got it right, despite all of the misguided info. Amazing. DS2 will apply for jobs on campus as his work-study program requires and will change his schedule a bit since he is taking some classes at the community college. Then, off to get the books. sheesh.

I made BLT's and a SF apple pie for dinner.

• 1540 posts
    July 11, 2018 9:21 PM PDT
    Found out this afternoon I was approved for a home care aide as soon as they find someone to send out to my place The plan is to have an aide come out 3 days per week to help where I need it and to run local errands, etc. I cannot believe that after all this time and waiting I am finally going to have regular help with things. Oh yeah, Judy stopped by this evening... we spent a couple hours catching up...

Angie
    • 1540 posts
    July 11, 2018 10:17 PM PDT
    Mags.. so glad your surgery went well and that you are on the mend. Soccer is not as popular here as it is across the pond, but it is gaining in popularity. The World Cup is big news here too.. ;-)

Angie
  • July 11, 2018 10:30 PM PDT
    MagsUK, glad it went well and you are in the home stretch. Did you get both eyes done at once or just one? once you have gone through 1 operation on the eyes, the second one is less of a mystery.
    Angie that is so nice of you to donate to the single Mum. Especially when you have mobility problems getting your food items in the first place.
    10 days until we start our vacation/holidays at work. I sort of nudged the Boss today and reminded him to go through the referral appointment charts and see what referral letters need to be written out for me to type up before we close. He grinned and said Yes Sandra i am working on it. I thought yes maybe you are but we need them done asap so I can get them typed out for you to review/edit them in time. He is such a procrastinator and there is not room in the office for 2 of us to be like that. I am to a certain extent but not as bad as he is. Supposed to be getting up in the 30 degrees area all of this coming week, so glad I am in an air conditioned office. Much more pleasanter than in a heatwave. one of the medical office assistants from the clinic on Pender Island was in our office today and I told her to check with the other MOA's over there to see what would be a good day for me to go over and have lunch with them all. I missed doing that last year and don't want to miss this year. Kathryn the lady that came today is retiring end of August and I shall miss her pleasant voice and sense of humour on the other end of the phone. she was diagnosed with breast cancer 2 years ago and finds her memory is not as good as it used to be and a general sense of tiredness still. She is soon going to be 60 and reckons it is time to retire now. I think the chemo and the radiation takes a lot out of a person and you do evaluate things afterwards. have a good evening all. Sally.