Forums » General Chat

TLC Tuesday $$$ Stretching 7/10/18

• 1353 posts
    July 10, 2018 12:07 AM PDT
    We're so busy caring for each other and our family/friends that we deserve a little TLC. Maybe a much needed nap is in order or a new pair of shoes for tired feet.

How will you treat yourself to some TLC today?
    • 1353 posts
    July 10, 2018 12:44 AM PDT
    My TLC is going to be sleeping after dropping off DS2 at college. I've been putting in more hours at work and am quite exhausted. And it's frugally free.

Sally- Happy Birthday! That was so sweet of your sister to shower you with cash. I'm glad you're able to get to the dentist and get a few things for baby and yourself.

Angie- Sounds like great progress with the NuStep! LOL about your attractive dentist.

I wasn't able to make the chicken yesterday so it will be today.

DH has a airbag recall on his car but won't get them replaced. It's free. I asked why? He says because they will try to upsell him and tell him he needs things fixed or whatever... I told him he should get the bags taken care of and ignore the rest.

My sister's birthday is coming up. She asked for some perfume and I found it on Perfumania and am waiting for it by mail. I did some surveys on rewardbee and got her 2 free magazines- good Housekeeping and Cooking Light. I may send her a Kohl's card (free from CC rewards).
    • 2208 posts
    July 10, 2018 1:06 AM PDT
    Good Tuesday morning to all. My ideal weather is slowly coming to an end. (sigh) The high temperature for today is supposed to be near 90 degrees with a comfortable level of humidity. Unfortunately, no time for pampering myself today. Lots of things to get done outside: water the garden, check the vegetable plants, deadhead the marigolds, mow a portion of the property and trim some shrubbery. We will get an early start on the outside chores so we can get back inside before it gets terribly hot. The usual daily house tasks to get done, of course. I would also like to reorganize and inventory the pantry. For certain there are no plans to spend money since I will be at home working all day. Supper will be chicken, wild rice and green peas with carrots. I hope everyone has a great day.
    • 2232 posts
    July 10, 2018 6:30 AM PDT
    No time for pampering myself today as I am babysitting the grandkids. Grandson is already up. I have dishes to do, laundry to fold and put away. Grandson is going to clean his room. He is also going to sit down and practice his writing. Not sure what dinner will be tonight but I know it will be from the pantry
  • July 10, 2018 6:30 AM PDT
    Thanks Lisa, birthday is not till the 17th of July but sister was/is flying to UK for a vacation starting today so wanted to touch base with me before she left. Apparently she did the same for our youngest sister back in December for her birthday and for my brother in June for his birthday. We don't get each other presents normally so this was a huge surprise. Got to go get ready for work, early day on Tuesdays. Sally.
    • 1474 posts
    July 10, 2018 6:49 AM PDT
    Supposed to be 84 today. Finally will be cooler at night starting tonight so the house will cool down. Used the portable air conditioner in the bedroom last night. No pampering for me today. Dog has an appointment in Jackson to get dog flu shots. We will be boarding her in September at a place where dog flu is known to be in the area and they strongly recommend getting the shots. Our vet doesn't do them so going to Jackson. We will drop off our recycling on the way there so we don't need to make a special trip. Dog shots are the only anticipated spending today. I hope everyone has a great day. Jill
    • 3767 posts
    July 10, 2018 8:40 AM PDT
    well guess you guys don't want to hear that it is raining here so cooler. muggy though like yesterday but cooler. my tlc first day of summer school so first morning alone. not even cat bugging me for an hour or more of pets. tired though didn't slept well and woke up to garbage truck so got up to get kids up.

since it is cooler will take advantage of it and use the oven. pulled out the reduced seasoned whole chicken to bake. hambone for pea soup. some chinese dumplings that we got from my mom that ds doesn't like so crows can have. realized I have steaks in the fridge from sat so need to put in the freezer. will figure out something what else will go with the chicken. friend came over to pick the raspberries.

laundry, dishes, housework the usual. have to pick up the csa tonight. go though the crisper and get rid of some things. don't have to go out anywhere else. game night dvd to watch tonight.

disappointed ..getting really tired having a birthday at the end of the month. everyone has time for what they want to do so doing something for friends bday but then when it is mine no time no money too busy. or going to do it with someone else.
    This post was edited by marthamfi at July 10, 2018 9:10 AM PDT
    • 1435 posts
    July 10, 2018 9:55 AM PDT
    Hello everyone, Warm sunny day but not too humid yet. I have the air off but will have to turn it on later on.

Lots of doctors lately. I spent the morning on the phone with various people. Youngest DD has the day off and came for a visit. Some days are like that here. No VNA on Tuesdays or grandkids so it's very relaxed here.

DH called with eating out plans that were quickly squashed. I just finished cutting up chicken breasts into cutlets for dinner. We both agreed to cut spending but he is having trouble doing it.

Our trip in September is paid in full this week. My husbands passport is faded in a weird way. We don't know how this happened it looks like it may have gotten wet or it sun faded. Either way it needs to be replaced. It's getting too close to the trip so he needs to go and do this. He went once but not with the proper I.D. so he gets to go again. Irritates me because I told him that before he went the 1st time.

Bedroom cleaning for me. I need to through my clothing, pack some away, and donate a few. Late in the year but it did not get done this past spring. No walk in closet here so imagine the crammed in mess in there and my drawers.

I hope everyone is well or getting there.
    Not much for pampering today but just knowing I can move pain free is pampering enough.

I hope your all having a good day.
    This post was edited by map578 at July 10, 2018 9:56 AM PDT
    • 1563 posts
    July 10, 2018 10:50 PM PDT
    Ahhh.. my Tuesday flew by... No OT until Thursday. PT will be here in the morning. Got through my dentist appointment with flying colors... Nothing left for him to work on until my next cleaning, which isn't until January. I just checked my class schedule and including the class, I just started today, I only have 16 more classes to go until I get my degree. I wish I trusted myself enough to try to double up on a couple of the classes. I just think it might be a bit overwhelming to take 2 classes ar the same time. lol
    No money out today, and all food/meals from home as usual. I have PT in the morning... can't wait!!

Angie