Forums » General Chat

Whoopee Wednesday June 13th

• 468 posts
    June 13, 2018 8:46 AM PDT
    Thankfully DB is feeling a bit better today and his doctor wants him to try new medication. He has quite a lot of health issues and all the different doctors he sees have different opinions about what medication he should be on. Lisa - it was thoughtful of you to suggest that I might be able to take a taxi last night, but it would have been too expensive.

I had my hair cut and coloured this morning. I have gone to the same hairdresser for many years and I always enjoy going as there is such a pleasant atmosphere there and I usually enjoy a good laugh. I foolishly left my library book there, having hunted the house and car for it. They rang me to say they had found it and will hang onto it until I can get down there.

This afternoon I went to the supermarket and to the post office. In readiness for DD and family's visit at the weekend I found and inflated the blow up bath tub for DGD. She doesn't like a shower and as that's all I have I found a tub for her that fits inside the shower stall. She loves it!

Just had soup at lunchtime and will make pizza and salad this evening.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

• 3840 posts
    June 13, 2018 8:47 AM PDT
    good morning all! raining here which is normal for june and we need it. woke up after 8 so dd was off to school already. ds still needs to get up.

need to take mil to eye appt and meeting friend and her mil at ihop senior day so 2 for 1 for lunch. and whatever she wants to do.

watching news. one of the huge public parks we have someone is now stealing plants from there. like our city had the bright idea to put playboxes full of toys with a lock but the code was advertised in public parks here. idea for people to play and put back ..everything gone in less then 2 days. which anyone with a brain knew would happen. too many people don't care. the city is trying to be nice saying maybe people thought they were gifts. toys had city name on it.

need to do work paperwork thinking crab cakes for dinner since dd isn't home. need milk because ds said no we had lots and then drank it. got my csa so need to use that stuff up too lots of fresh greens.

maybe make that cake I didn't yesterday
    This post was edited by marthamfi at June 13, 2018 8:59 AM PDT
    • 2275 posts
    June 13, 2018 10:25 AM PDT
    I have the day off from babysitting so I am relaxing for awhile. Later this afternoon I am going swimming with my BFF. It is going to be 103 degrees here today so the pool will feel good. Need to figure something out for dinner tonight.
    • 1451 posts
    June 13, 2018 10:37 AM PDT
    Overcast today but no rain so far. Babysitting today. Play-doh, beaded bracelets, and lunch so far.

Martha, People will steal anything! We had someone stealing flowers that people planted at a cemetery right off the graves! How awful is that?

Working on a grocery list for my youngest DD's birthday. I also need a few things for a fathers day cookout. Not sure what I am making yet. I went through my freezer and organized it last night. 2 shelves collapsed while digging around in there. I am making an effort of eating what we have.

Medical is starting to bite a bit. Today is payday but I think we need more than he made this week. The bills keep rolling in. More $$$ out of the savings.

Dinner is leftovers or just about anything I don't have to cook. Laundry to fold and put away. Sheets still left to change. Early day today and my bed is still not made. I may just leave it for DH because I can not take up my mattress to rotate it or to get my dusty dust ruffle off.

That's all for me. The two older kids have early dismissal and will be shortly.

• 1490 posts
    June 13, 2018 11:03 AM PDT
    36 and sunny this morning, supposed to be 83 today. It's already in the low 60s. Dropped the car off last night to get it serviced this morning. Went to pick it up at lunch. More money out for it in the near future, it finally needs brakes. I've been told that every time they've been checked the last several years, and the dealer kept saying they were OK, and when they wouldn't be OK. They're now in the not OK zone. Stopped at the Subway next to it for lunch, something we rarely do. DH is not feeling well today. Probably stress from the latest mess he's had to clean up at work. His company brought in a bunch of contractors to save money, but they keep messing everything up and it's up to DH to fix it. DH grilled the chicken last night so we have some leftovers of that. Pulled Italian sausage from the freezer for dinner tonight though. No more anticipated spending today. I hope everyone has a great day. Jill
    • 2788 posts
    June 13, 2018 12:22 PM PDT
    It's going to be another hot one here. Well actually, it already is. I had to make a flying visit to my PCP since my antibiotics are making me sick. She fit me in right before they were closing for the day. She gave me different kind with instructions not to wait a week this time!

The big brother called to have lunch together. We seldom get time together so that was very nice. We text/talk on the phone a lot. But it's not the same thing.

I finally got the mending done on the quilt and am ready to start on the next one DH has cut for me. It is MUCH simpler.

I hope to nap a little this afternoon. This infection is really zapping my energy.

kim
    • 2257 posts
    June 13, 2018 12:43 PM PDT

Happy mid-week Wednesday! Summertime temps returned to my area today with us getting in the 90s. I spent the morning outside doing chores (mowing, trimming, pulling weeds) early before it got unbearably hot. Back inside I have taken care of the regular daily tasks and got a laundry load cycled. I stayed at home today and that ensured me a no-spend day. Supper will be homemade pizza and side salads. I hope everyone is enjoying their day.
    • 3840 posts
    June 13, 2018 2:38 PM PDT
    wow map that is bad karma..somethings you just don't do but now and days seems attitude change. last week 2 guys died because they crashed into a cemetery in the car they had stolen the day before...kinda ironic

with the rain mil knee was bad so no grocery shopping. just doc appt and ihop with friends. she was wiped a lot of walking it was nice. now it is in a sunny patch. said would look after friends kitten when they are at bible camp this weekend. will be totally spoiled.