Forums » General Chat

Terrific Tuesday June 12th $$$ Stretching

• 1451 posts
    June 12, 2018 6:19 AM PDT
    What is your terrific today? Jill
    • 1451 posts
    June 12, 2018 6:22 AM PDT
    33 and sunny this morning. Supposed to be 71 today. Posting before it gets busy at work. Managed a no spend day yesterday. Today paid the propane bill and will drop my car off for service tomorrow, so some money out but not a lot. Had beanie weenies instead of the chicken I thawed for dinner last night, but will cook the chicken tonight. Not sure what I'll do with it yet. Nothing exciting going on here since it's a work day. I hope everyone has a great day. Jill
    • 2082 posts
    June 12, 2018 8:27 AM PDT
    Happy Tuesday! It’s a much more comfortable weather day here with high temp to only reach the 70s. I have to go to the bank to take care of some business and will stop by the bread store and Aldi. I need to pull weeds in the garden, but it has been misting rain so that may have to wait. I got the regular daily chores completed and will move laundry to another day. Planning for a very low spend day. Supper will be big green salads topped with tuna and tortilla chips. I hope everyone has a good day.
    • 1428 posts
    June 12, 2018 8:27 AM PDT
    Grandkids are gone and the visiting nurse has come and left. I have the rest of the day to myself. I made a double batch of no sugar banana muffins to freeze. One regular and one mini. They come in handy with the kids or when I just need to eat something to eat with my insulin.

Beautiful weather with summer starting to show itself this week. Temperatures will be in the 80's for the remainder.

Not sure what the rest of the day will bring. Ribs for dinner and leftovers for lunch today. I would like to go visit the Hartford rose garden and take a small walk after dinner. Some of the roses will be fading but it will still be something to see. Weekends are just jam packed there so today should be a breeze.
    That's all for me. Have a good day everyone.

This post was edited by map578 at June 12, 2018 8:30 AM PDT
    • 3723 posts
    June 12, 2018 9:23 AM PDT
    morning all! my terrific is that my dd is getting her canada cord today in girl guides. don't know what is the same for girl scouts but a big deal. advancement ceremony tonight.

eyrehead doctors can't do much if she won't go to a home but can't see how she will get around with just 3 visits a week. mil is extra loopy so will have to see if she has another uti or getting sick. bugs in her pills and apparently didn't sleep last night. dh always talks to her in the morning. extra visions.

day didn't go as planned ..parent of a kid enrolled in my group who all of a sudden wants a uniform tonight..and come to advancement..weird..have one but asking cash. like end of year. my gut says kid was enrolled by someone else or she had too put in something.but now needs a uniform to prove kid went. and a couple other things.

need to get errands done . library , work stuff and need some sandwich bags etc. last load of laundry to do and other cleaning. chilly here at the moment.

have been lazy with dinners ..takeout pizza last night...but pulled pork steaks out of the freezer for dinner tonight. allergies bugging ds and me.

This post was edited by marthamfi at June 12, 2018 9:35 AM PDT
    • 2792 posts
    June 12, 2018 10:06 AM PDT
    Terrific for me today is having supper tonight with my oldest niece and her baby girl (11). We may try to find me a purse. I need a "Goldilocks" size--my regular purse is too small and other one is too large.
    DH is working today and I ill be finishing up the repair on the quilt. Other than that, we are just trying to stay cool. We should hit 96 today.
    kim
    • 405 posts
    June 12, 2018 10:17 AM PDT
    Martha - so glad to hear about your DD and her success.

Cooler today. Picked up my French teacher this morning and then went to our class. Some of the people there you wouldn't believe - one is paying to have furniture shipped to her house in France for the summer - despite all her financial advantages her French isnt as good as mine. What a bitch I sound!

Disappointed tonight because DB isn't feeling well enough for us to go to the choir dinner tonight. I can't drive at night with my cataracts so was depending on him for transport but there we are.

Going to have a curry tonight and a glass or two of wine. Tomorrow is another day!

This post was edited by magsuk at June 12, 2018 10:21 AM PDT
    • 2082 posts
    June 12, 2018 1:57 PM PDT
    marthamfi, congrats to your DD on attaining her cord. And, kudos to you for working tirelessly with your girl guides.

magsuk, any possibility of taking a taxi or Uber (if available) to the dinner? Sorry your DB is not feeling well.
    • 3723 posts
    June 12, 2018 2:41 PM PDT
    thanks everyone! also counts as 2 high school credits too. I don't know how you guys do it in the heat. I am happy with 72 degrees. mags its ok to have a moment because yes shipping furniture for the summer sounds odd and pricey. think it would be cheaper to buy furniture.

realized that my csa starts today also. so have to pick that up after 7..paid extra to pick up closer to home. got an email that says what you get too. when I had a pissed off moment ordered the extra flower option that gives you a bouquet every 2 weeks. it is a christian farm project.

used 20 bucks of reward points to get household things like sandwich bags, cleaners etc. and got some fruit and discounted peppers at the fruit stand too. cleaned the keurig too. kinda cleaned the bathroom you know spray bathroom scrubber but don't scrub to hard lol now to wash the kitchen floor really needs a proper cleaning.

This post was edited by marthamfi at June 12, 2018 2:48 PM PDT
    • 1489 posts
    June 12, 2018 4:22 PM PDT
    Briefly spoke to my sister earlier when I called my mom's house and Jen answered the phone. Mom was napping and Jen was cleaning at mom's because our Ant's Karen and Betty were coming over to visit. Jen said it was the therapy departments call as far as mom's discharge was concerned. Her PT's didn't feel they could do any more for her until after she gets her prosthetic. Dr. Wu wants to limit how much time mom spends at home alone. But for now, Jen assures me mom is doing ok, but not as well as she was doing while I was there. My WalMart order showed up today 6 different boxes... smh. My Amazon order came today as well. I felt so popular... lol but I have my diet Dew now... lol and a new box of protein bars too. woohoo. I got an extension on one of my assignments that was due last night because I was at mom's and then her most recent surgery and lots of things still up in the air. SO I hope to get that done tonight... ugh..

Angie
    • 1275 posts
    June 12, 2018 8:53 PM PDT
    Map- The muffins sound good. Is it a easy recipe?

Hot day again. Record temps.

DS2 started college. Math will be a challenge but the good news is that he sees easier ways of finding the answers. He says the teacher does it a very long and confusing way but he uses a equation and it's easier. I told him to answer tests and quizzes his way as they only care if you get the right answer anyway. It's computerized.

Made enchiladas with leftover burrito shells.

Taking the kids to comic con. DS2 will wear his homemade costume. DS1 may bring his girlfriend.

• 1489 posts
    June 12, 2018 10:03 PM PDT
    I managed to get caught up in my new class tonight... Between my trip to mom's last week, and her recent surgery I haven't been able to think straight... Martha.. congrats to your DD that's awesome!! :) Well I bit the bullet and ordered myself a "pair" of good shoes)New Balance. Hopefully this will get my mother off my back for awhile. I had to order two different sized pairs so my total was $128. I need a larger left shoe shoe to accommodate my AFO brace, and until I can actually get to a New Balance store, where I can be fitted and only purchase one pair to suit my needs, for less money(I hope). I will probably get a pair of the WalMart shoes I've been buying to have on hand when I need or want to wash my good pair. Anyway.... I will catch y'all tomorrow...

Angie