Forums » General Chat

Fantastic Friday 6/9 $$$ Stretching

• 1460 posts
    June 8, 2018 8:14 AM PDT
    Care to share your plans?
    • 3883 posts
    June 8, 2018 8:16 AM PDT
    hope all is well.. think it rained overnight but not a lot. cool which fine by me. kids are off to school and I work next 3 days. nothing too interesting

dishes need doing and other things but can wait. but for now enjoy the peace and quiet.

need to do some girl guide stuff with dd. dh is going out with friends so don't know what we will do for dinner.
    This post was edited by marthamfi at June 8, 2018 8:19 AM PDT
    • 1460 posts
    June 8, 2018 8:44 AM PDT
    Retired, I hope your not too sore today. Keeping you in my prayers.

Martha, I don't know how your doing everything. I get tired just reading your posts. If there was a daughter in law of the year award you might just win that one.

Sunny and warmer today with a high expected of 80 degrees. I love this time of year, everything is growing in the garden, and every where you look it's green.

Two older kids on the bus and 4 year old is with her other grandmother today. Dr. yesterday and again today. Some debridement yesterday but not as much as last week.

Going to a cocktail/appetizer buffet tonight with friends put on by a litho club. The restaurant is about an hour away so we will not be enjoying many if any cocktails but still a fun night out.

That's it for me. Looking forward to the weekend and I hope my DH is not working. Thinking of a day trip tomorrow or Sunday afternoon. I will run it by DH tonight.

That's all for me. I hope everyone is having a fantastic Friday!
    This post was edited by map578 at June 8, 2018 8:46 AM PDT
    • 1505 posts
    June 8, 2018 9:12 AM PDT
    Retired, I hope you're better today and there's nothing serious going on. 47 and sunny this morning. Supposed to be 78 today but will probably make it to the low 80s if anything like the rest of this week. Migraine has finally been kicked to the curb. So glad it's Friday. Did the grocery shopping last night, a whopping $10.12 since we went to Idaho Falls last weekend. Install tonight so have to stay home. May have to work tomorrow morning too. Still didn't get to making the spaghetti. Discovered the eggs needed to be used so had breakfast for dinner last night. Spaghetti is on the menu for dinner tonight. Been craving it all week. I normally don't have cravings. Lunch will probably be beanie weenies. I hope everyone has a great day. Jill
    • 2134 posts
    June 8, 2018 9:36 AM PDT
    Sunny and 76 with a little breeze so nice to be outside. Did some weed chopping early.

DIL found a job so I am back to babysitting the 3 1/2 year old grandaughter again. 3 days a week. Her Dad is off on Mon and Tuesday. She is here today. She will keep me busy. We have been outside all morning.

Yesterday, I made blackberry jelly and raspberry jam. I use berries from the freezer. I wanted to get them out of there before this years are ripe.

Retired prayers for you.

Babs
    • 480 posts
    June 8, 2018 9:39 AM PDT
    Retired - I do hope you are feeling better today.

Yesterday was a great day with my friend in Chester. We visited the remains of the Roman amphitheatre and were hugely entertained as some young school children were on a trip there, being told all about gladiators and so forth. They they dressed up with shields, helmets, swords, nets and tridents and had a high old time. We had a picnic down by the river and then walked the city walls, stopping off at the beautiful Roman garden. The sun shone and reached a high of 74.

It's cooler and cloudy today so I have done some much-needed house cleaning and then went to the supermarket. As I am shopping very frugally I noticed that there were whole aisles I didn't go down - cookies, crisps ready meals and so on. I bought some
    grissini breadsticks and houmous to snack on, as well as some dried fruit. There were lots of things I could have bought but I stuck to my list - well, more or less.

I has soup for lunch and for dinner tonight I am roasting Cumberland sausage with roast veg - aubergines, courgettes, peppers, mushrooms, shallots and potatoes. There will be enough for leftovers tomorrow.

Jillibean - hope you can get some rest this weekend as you always seem to be working very hard.

This post was edited by magsuk at June 8, 2018 9:50 AM PDT
    • 3883 posts
    June 8, 2018 10:00 AM PDT
    lol map I think the same about most of you! no little kids here to babysit. they are a lot. love them but happy with the couple of hours a week at guides. no cleaning up after other family except mine. don't work full time. maybe joys of being an older mom and my other jobs used to organizing.

it is great you can get so much done on the computer now. it is mostly dh having to run around for his mom. except for playing favourites mil is actually very pleasant and appreciative. (she wasn't as bad as fil but before the mil illness didn't see sil much) how if dh and sil would just admit I and mil know better about lots of things like moving lol

the wind has kicked up so maybe more rain today. have the fireplace on for some heat. should get dishes done before work.
    This post was edited by marthamfi at June 8, 2018 10:06 AM PDT
    • 2298 posts
    June 8, 2018 10:55 AM PDT
    I have the day off from babysitting. I will go to Costco in a little while to pick up fruit for a family reunion tomorrow. The rest of the day will be spent working on a couple of projects and laundry. I need to figure out something for dinner tonight.
    • 2289 posts
    June 8, 2018 12:16 PM PDT
    First week of June is checked off the list. Time really is going by quickly.

I have been at home all day and no money has or will be spent. The regular daily to-dos and laundry are done. I put out Round-up on some poison ivy that was trying to take over a couple of areas near the woods. Also, something is nibbling my green beans so I got them sprayed with a homemade solution. Always lots of things to keep you busy taking care of the outdoors. Supper will be fish, coleslaw and baked potatoes.

I trust that each of you has had a good day today and will have a restful upcoming weekend.
    • 2806 posts
    June 8, 2018 3:33 PM PDT
    Thank you all for your thoughts. We were relieved to find out this afternoon that it is NOT a tumor. We are still waiting on cultures though to find out exactly what it is. Meanwhile, more antibiotics since we do know there is some infection.
    Evidently I was quite worried about your migraines Jill. DH said I was talking about "Jellybean's" headache in my pain-killer induced sleep.

I am still moving gently today so DH has been in charge of the meals. I think tonight's supper is a large submarine sandwich from the store deli.

It's around 93 here with heat index of 100

kim
    • 3883 posts
    June 8, 2018 6:25 PM PDT
    that is good news retired! maybe they are just fibres. or cysts. my mom had that and friend cyst