Forums » Recipes

2 ingredient Dough---Weight Watcher's

• 574 posts
    June 3, 2018 8:13 AM PDT
    So my mom who was at a recent Weight Watchers meeting came home with this recipe to share with for a 2 ingredient dough that could be used in various recipes which call for the use of a dough-examples included but surly not limited to bagels-bagel dogs-pizza-cinnamon rolls-bread sticks-maybe even cheesy biscuits too.....

The recipe for the dough is equal parts of Greek yogurt and equal parts of self-rising flour...

1 cup of Greek yogurt
    1 cup of self-rising

The best part for me is I make Greek yogurt weekly and sometimes I am just say smoothie/granola yogurt parfait out by the end of the week...& have usually 1 qt left for the next week however with this recipe I think I will have some better choices :O) for breakfast/snacks/PIZZA!!!!!

I am also attaching a second recipe in the post since this will allow everyone to make homemade self-rising flour vs having to buy it....when most likely everyone has these ingredients at home already so saving $$

Homemade Self-rising flour

1 cup of all-purpose flour
    1 ½ tsp of baking powder
    ¼ tsp. salt

Mix well....

So Saturday I didn't have Greek yogurt LOL I had not made homemade yogurt in a few weeks (I was sick of yogurt LOL) so I had just grabbed cheap vanilla yogurt to make a smoothie on Friday for work...So I had leftover way over a half a quart left so I have a yogurt strainer & I used it over-night to strain 1 cup of the regular style yogurt & used that to make my first batch of dough and the homemade self-rising flour....to make YOU guessed it Cinnamon rolls for DD.... well the dough went together very quickly and by just adding extra flour to the rolling board while I needed it the dough together better as it was soft yet crumbly and very sticky...but it when together very well after about less than 1-2 mind of kneading some extra flour into it...I rolled it out it can be sticky so I used parchment paper on top as I rolled it out... the rolls went came out pretty good but not much rising/expanding....but tasted YUMMY.....

So I think this recipe is going to be a major KEEPER in MY HOUSE......

Please feel free post here …
    What u guys made/making with this dough..
    Any changes you did :O)

All around sharing about this dough!!!!!

Here is a pic of the dough together and rolled out some...I forgot to take pictures LOL

This post was edited by Jayashiangel at June 3, 2018 10:33 AM PDT
    • 574 posts
    June 3, 2018 8:14 AM PDT
    So this morning I made another double batch using part of the regular vanilla yogurt ( I didn't strain it) 1 cup and ½ cup of Greek yogurt. The dough went together better however it was very soft.... I whipped up a double batch of cinnamon rolls (for home and work)

This batch visual difference was the cinnamon rolls expanded double their size when they cooked :O)

Fist pic was of the first batch I did on day one
    2nd pic Day 2 batch after cooking them
    3rd pic is the Day 2 glazed with gooey :O) topping
    This post was edited by Jayashiangel at June 3, 2018 8:20 AM PDT
    • 574 posts
    June 3, 2018 8:19 AM PDT
    From a little piece of the dough batch above I made me one bagel to try it out..... and the bagel browned up well :O) and it's soft hard on the outside (not hockey puke hard)..and the inside when cut open was very soft & done...Taste :O)

This post was edited by Jayashiangel at June 3, 2018 10:28 AM PDT
    • 3723 posts
    June 3, 2018 8:38 AM PDT
    wow that is a handy recipe! thanks for posting
    • 268 posts
    June 3, 2018 7:29 PM PDT
    this one looks like a keeper!
    • 1275 posts
    June 3, 2018 11:07 PM PDT
    It all looks good...I'll try breadsticks with it.