Forums » General Chat

Third Tuesday May 15 $$$ Stretching

• 2034 posts
    May 15, 2018 6:31 AM PDT
    Share your plans for the day.
    • 2034 posts
    May 15, 2018 6:42 AM PDT
    Positive thoughts are with everyone dealing with personal situations and/or health challenges for themselves or their loved ones.

Upper 80s and a chance for thunderstorms in my area today. I have the usual day planned for staying at home and getting the regular stuff done. I already trimmed some shrubs and did a bit of raking out back. Hope to also reorganize the chest of drawers in the master bedroom and straighten my office. I downloaded a novel from the library and would like to get started on it as well.

I will attend a free concert at a nearby university this evening with some friends. It will be good to get out of the house, spend time with friends and enjoy some wonderful music.

Lots of money being spent today to cover bills for the last two weeks of the month. Supper will be vegetable soup and tortilla strips.

Have a nice day.
    • 1410 posts
    May 15, 2018 9:09 AM PDT
    Hi everyone, grand kid less Tuesday here. I put 2 on the bus and the 3rd was picked up by her Papa.

Vascular this afternoon in a couple of hours. A trip to Hartford so DH took the day off. He has tomorrow off as well for 2 appointments. One close by and the 2nd back to Hartford again. Co-pays to be paid. I thought that we could stop at the farm stand on the way back ad pick up a few plants if I get out early enough. New doctor so I am not sure how the office runs.

Something going on with a neighbor. Not sure what. A retired school teacher who is/was reclusive and very private. I always felt badly for her because I could have done a lot for her had she let me. We once shoveled her sidewalk and she freaked out. Thought my DD wanted money from her when it was just a neighborly gesture. She may have passed tons of cars there when usually there is no one. Years with only a couple of hello how are yous..I don't want to intrude so I will either read it in the paper or if I see someone in the yard I will inquire.

Not sure of dinner. That's if for me. I hope everyone is having a sparkling day!

• 3647 posts
    May 15, 2018 9:52 AM PDT
    hope everyone is well or doing better today. not so hot today ..nice break..not normally so hot here mid to high 80s ...air conditioning not standard in homes and the wall units not down from the attic yet. today only suppose to be up to 77

dd home from school. will do some craft prep for guides tonight. need to pay cell bill and register dd for next year. maybe start working on blanket for dd will see. don't want to get sick by being near her to much. picked up some groceries yesterday. bread, watermelon, mandarins creamo fresh stuff. have shopped so much since the beginning of may don't need much. maybe make a stirfry tonight.

usual housework etc gardening..still have my bulbs to plant I bought weeks ago. finishing couple crochet projects. friends poncho neckline needs a edging to stop stretching almost done. did it to pattern and correct yarn but don't work. and a baby blanket with a yarn not fond of...ordered online so when done in the gift bag.

washed more throw pillows and the loveseat arm pillows ..they zipper off the arms. dh bought them in but not dry so back on the trampoline they go.

discovered a bunch of our tv shows we watch are being cancelled. apparently over if you are over 50 you don't count for ratings looking at the sites. so deleted one show that dh was watching more then me..asked him and he said sure. only first season so only watched a few shows.
    This post was edited by marthamfi at May 15, 2018 10:03 AM PDT
    • 2104 posts
    May 15, 2018 9:55 AM PDT
    Babysitting again today. This is my long week I have the kids all week and then they will be over for the weekend to visit with our company
    I dropped grandson off at preschool and then took the dog to the groomer. She will be done around the same time that grandson gets out of school. I will drop her off at home and then go back to DD'S house. I food from home
    Dinner tonight will be tacos
    • 390 posts
    May 15, 2018 10:06 AM PDT
    Map - so pleased to hear that the wound vac is off, even though you are facing further treatment.

Sunny here today with a high of 69. I bought some summer shoes and a T shirt so no doubt it will now start raining again.

I was back down to London at the weekend for DGD's 4th birthday party. She said: Birthdays are better than Christmas because all the presents are for me!

I went to see a great French film last night at my local cinema which is 5 minutes walk from my home. It's the sort of place where you feel comfortable going alone, as I did last night.

I had egg on toast for lunch after returning from French class and for dinner I am having chicken breast, potatoes, courgettes and asparagus. English asparagus is in the shops right now but it is a very short season of about 4 weeks.
    • 1453 posts
    May 15, 2018 11:15 AM PDT
    only plans for my Tuesday are to work on my studies, we'll be delving into Christianity this week in my class. I thought I was struggling with Judaism but got my grades for all my assignments this morning. Got 100s on all of them. I've brought my grade up from a 77.71% to a 94.16% I can't believe it!! It's rather warm here... a little more humid than I like it to be, but it's all good. Possible storms an rain later today. Feels like a summer pattern, warm, humid and with pop up storms possible. I have a dentist appointment tomorrow afternoon. Going to start the whole fitting for the crown thing tomorrow. I called MCTC to arrange for a ride to and from my appt.
    Had to do my phone interviews for my food assistance and Medicaid renewals. Spent more time on hold than I did talking to an actual person. Just made another call to NuStep. I am one step closer to replacing my NuStep, and getting my health and weight back on track!!! When I think about how long I could "live" on the money I withdrew from my IRA. It's hard to not think about holding off on purchasing the NuStep, but that money won't do me a bit of good if I have another stroke or heart attack. So as soon as the funds are released I will be ordering it, I just talked to Kathy from NuStep, will be delivered in 7-10 business days. I thought it would take up to 3 weeks!! lol, I am even more excited now. Might call my bank today to see if they can release the hold on my funds by Monday the 21st. I used to refer my old NuStep as my "boyfriend" lol So in the future, if/when I refer to getting on my "boyfriend" LOL I will be referring to my workouts!!
    No money out today will be forking over $280 tomorrow at the dentist. yuck!!! I also made a decision on the $ amount my kids will be getting from me for their graduation. All food/ meals from home today as usual.

Have a great afternoon/evening!!

Angie
    • 2772 posts
    May 15, 2018 12:29 PM PDT
    Loud booming thunderstorms this morning between 4 am and 9. DH slept right through them fortunately. They were shaking the windows and really made my eye ache.
    I am not doing a lot today, just a few dishes and putting some chicken in meal sized portions.
    Easy oven baked dinner tonight.
    Hopefully row #3 of the quilt will happen later.
    kim
    • 431 posts
    May 15, 2018 6:22 PM PDT
    Hi all, weather hot here for May, no spend for me today. Hope all of you are doing well.
    Susan
    • 1232 posts
    May 16, 2018 6:38 AM PDT
    High of 78 today. Then possible storms later. It's rained all week.

Today, DS2 graduates. We walked to school and will be driving to the location. It's about 1- 1.5 hrs away. Crazy, but with 550 kids and all of their relatives, you need a big place. And it's outdoors.

Not cooking as I'll need to get to work when I make it back home. DH can take DS2 out as they'll both be hungry after the event. I'll come home on lunch break and maybe share in DS2's grad cake. Will see.

Gotta take DS2 to college tomorrow for id photo and a meeting. Went yesterday but didn't get everything done.

DS2 got a scholarship and the donors are having a reception nd photo shoot at their home. I called my job to let them know I probably won't make it to work as I'm scheduled at 4 and the reception is at 4:30. So, my boss said I can work earlier that day. Cool.

Luckee- Hope it's a nice concert and night out for you.

Angie- Glad the nustep is coming soon. This boyfriend will be a hard worker!

Mags- DGD is funny. Hope her birthday was a good one.

• 431 posts
    May 16, 2018 7:26 PM PDT
    I think I may stop posting here. No one ever ever talkes to me I will check in but not trying Susan