Forums » General Chat

Monday 5/14/18 SSS Stretching

• 1410 posts
    May 14, 2018 7:07 AM PDT
    Good morning, What are your plans for a stretchy day.?
    • 1204 posts
    May 14, 2018 7:51 AM PDT
    I was HOPING for a "no spend" but will have to get a hotel for the night...an old friend I haven't seen in 15 years or so is just north of me and we'll get together tonight. It would be a 2 hour drive home and then 2 hours back to that town by 8am tomorrow morning for a work thing (normally only 30 minutes to work but tomorrow is a special event off site). I am too old to do all that driving instead of sleeping. Oh well. I'll find a hotel with laundry and a workout room hopefully...mostly a cheap one. It's worth it to see her!
    • 1410 posts
    May 14, 2018 8:05 AM PDT
    Cloudy and not as warm for the past couple of days. I will be glad to see the sun again.

The weekend was quiet here. Dinner with DD#1 on Saturday and DD#2 stopped over yesterday morning. SIL and a friend surprised me with dinner last night and stayed to visit. Very nice.

Friday the doctor took the wound vac off! Oh the freedom! No more VNA coming out for now.
    No plan of attack yet but 3 appointments this week. Foot doctor says 3 surgeries to be expected. One to clear my veins of blockages, one to scrape the bones and the last to repair nerves and tendons.

No grand kids today and I was happy to sleep in. Foot is better so I can sit for longer periods of time without it swelling as big as my head. DH has been good with helping but today I will see if I can do a few things. Microwave is getting nasty and I notice my counter tops are getting more stuff on them. If I can get my step stool in there I can sit when I need to and still be up enough to reach things. If I get this done it will be more than I have accomplished in a couple of months. One of the nurses kept telling me how clean my house is. Ha ha if she only knew I have been decluttering everything for the past couple of years to get it to look this way. Taking down wall things and I have been putting up larger pieces. Taking out all the little things in general 30 some odd years worth. Clean enough but not as clean as I would like.

My husband will grill steaks tonight for dinner.
    3 phone calls later......

Thoughts and prayers for everyone here in need. Have good day everyone.

This post was edited by map578 at May 14, 2018 8:09 AM PDT
    • 2104 posts
    May 14, 2018 9:01 AM PDT
    We had a quiet day here yesterday. DH is feeling better. I haven't heard from DD yet this morning. I am supposed to babysit for a couple of hours today. I need to get the house cleaned up this week I have company coming for a 10 day stay. I am hoping that I get my new glasses today. All meals will be from home.
    • 3647 posts
    May 14, 2018 9:11 AM PDT
    that is good news maps..not the 3 operations but at least guess fixing the problems. hope everyone is feeling well and having a good day. love everyones comments on dh fb post. don't know if he looked at it. doesn't go on fb a lot.

after the last few days of spending. ready for a frugal week. things were pricey at the place we went too yesterday $15 for 2 glasses of wine and the pub $18 for a burger.. nice one but fish tacos $22 for nothing interesting like really basic. went for burger the cheapest. eating out is getting $$$ but some places just nuts. but the show was fun and being with my oldest friend was great. kids painted some pics, got some choc and dh movies and dinner date tickets.

today so far ds needs to go teacher meeting if her family didn't give her the cold. dd has it so home. need to do guide stuff and district meeting tonight. dvds back to the library. due today hot here for us in the 80's . dh got fans out of the attic last night.

mil was happy with her lilacs loves them. dh didn't believe now much. she is doing a good job clearing out stuff. 26yrs of stuff..papers etc. but no one is packing. sil didn't do anything sat with her. so don't know when that is going to happen. this type of dementia they get really single minded on things. so works for cleaning out. we got a tin of stamps... maybe will be lucky and there is a million dollar one in there!
    This post was edited by marthamfi at May 14, 2018 9:23 AM PDT
    • 842 posts
    May 14, 2018 9:51 AM PDT
    Good Monday to All. Around 90 again but supposedly cooler temps and hopefully rain starting tomorrow.

My goodness Map - glad the vac is off and foot better but sorry about the 3 operations. LOL re 3 phone calls later - here's hoping that I can finish this post without interruption. Maggie hope your visit with your friend is a good one. Yes I totally understand about not wanting to drive back and forth like that.

I was feeling weepy and down in the dumps yesterday morning - DH was heading to downtown and I had to stay home from church of any sort. Both DS#1 and DS#2 called. #1 and family were heading 90 minutes away to check on his in-laws camper as they were out of town. #2 and family picked me up to have lunch with them at a Mexican restaurant. They gave me a gift card for a not Aldi's grocery store but I am thankful for their thoughtfulness. I often shop at this store when they have very good sales.

Apparently my weepiness alarmed DH because when I arrived home there was a vase filled with lovely pink and red carnations on the countertop and a small bottle of cabernet.

Today picked a few small strawberries, pulled 6 onions that were not going to form bulbs, cut a few sprigs of spearmint and cut enough kale to have with our lunch of leftovers. The Fall kale is thinking about bolting so will keep a watchful eye on it. That's it. Everyone have a wonderful day.
    • 1438 posts
    May 14, 2018 10:02 AM PDT
    33 and frosty this morning. Supposed to be 66 today and the sun is out. A lot of rain over the weekend. There were puddles everywhere yesterday. Spent $52 on gas and groceries yesterday. Need to fill up the tank because picking DH up at the airport tomorrow, a 102 mile round trip (and that's the close airport). No anticipated spending today. Leftovers from dinner last night will go a few more meals. Good news people are doing better. I hope everyone has a great day. Jill
    • 1453 posts
    May 14, 2018 10:14 AM PDT
    My goals for today? get my assignments done!!! Call my mama, and try not to fall asleep... Bennn dark stormy and rainy since I got up at 9ish. Had to turn on my lights it was so dark in my living room. lol, My sister posted a video of mom in PT this morning, on FB, but I'm not able to share it... Mom is doing really well.... doing a lot of strength training work at the moment. upper body and her left leg. I'm very proud of her. <3

No money out today, and all food/meals from home.

Angie
    • 3647 posts
    May 14, 2018 10:42 AM PDT
    everyone needs a weepy day lnbee. but lunch and flowers sound nice.

need to figure out dinner too hot for much and family not big on salads. deal with laundry. and kid stuff. no one wants to come over with sickies in the house lol
  • May 14, 2018 10:49 AM PDT
    Stayed up late last night/this am. Went to bed at 2am after reading a book I could not put down. Patrick Taylor, about being an Irish Dr. in the 50's. He has a series of books and this was about how the Dr. got his degree and his practice. Very interesting read. So got up around 9:30am and stomach has been rumbling ever since. Been in the bathroom 3 times already. Going out to Sidney to see best friend so can see taking Imodium before then to settle things down. Need to take my probiotic yogurt and my antacid pill too. Not sure what I will have for lunch may get a can of soup and some European wieners and make that at her house. She has new furniture she wants to show off and a new fridge and freezer too. We were supposed to get together last Monday but it did not happen so is happening today.
    Chased a deer and a young one out from under the trampoline in the back garden. First time I have seen one there for a while. Did my mid month budget on paper. Have to drop off post dated cheques at the garage on the way back from best friend's house. Can't give them anything from tomorrow's pay cheque as Trina's birthday is Wednesday and I gave her $65 for her present. Have to treat both daughters the same and I gave Sam $65 in March for her present. The garage will get a payment on the end of the month cheque and then afterwards on the middle of the month and end of the month as per usual. Found out I have paid $1200 and still have $1900 to pay. If I get the GST rebate again this year I will be able to give them an extra $100 every 3 months so that will help. With my holiday pay it may be that this bill will be paid by March 2019. Roll on that day, I will celebrate. Going to have to go get my breakfast, =yogurt and pills. Then shower and leave for my luncheon date. Everyone have a good day. Sally.
    • 2034 posts
    May 14, 2018 11:54 AM PDT
    Good Monday afternoon to all. It is another hot, steamy day in my area with temp going to the mid-90s. I watered the garden early this morning and did a couple other things out of doors before it got too hot. I finished all the regular house chores and have to fold and put away a load of towels. Stayed home today and have not spent any money. Supper will be a big green salad topped with tuna. Have a great day.
    • 2772 posts
    May 14, 2018 3:19 PM PDT
    map- glad you are moving around now but I know you can't be looking forward tp the surgeries.

My niece received her AA degree Friday night and will get her high school diploma next week. LOL

DH took me to lunch yesterday as a gift from the "kids". Then we made a small grocery shop. I talked him into getting ham and swiss cheese from the deli counter ad a couple of loaves of French bread. We will make his work lunches from that. I hope it will work out for him since it will be about half of what he has been spending.
    I got another row done on the quilt. I'm not sure if I will work on it tonight since I need to check out our budget and pay a couple of bills.
    HOT here today with possible storms late tonight.
    I have a small steak for DH tonight.
    kim
    • 1453 posts
    May 15, 2018 12:54 AM PDT
    Not sure who all saw my post on FB, but had a really really rough and emotionally charged afternoon. and evening. No sooner than I post about how great my mom's doing and how proud I am of her accomplishments, she has to go and totally and thoroughly screw up my day!! SO I called her this afternoon around 2ish, we make small talk, then she starts asking me about my "graduates" I remind her again they still have this week yet to go, and she proceeds to question me- asking what the hell I did that my kids don't want me, the courts took them away, etc. Then she goes further stating that Brian( me ex) told Tom( my late stepdad) that I walked out on my kids on their birthday to move in with Tony Perkins). SO I get upset, and say well I guess if Brian said that then it MUST be true!! She continues picking at me, asking why I don't get to see my kids, then tells me that I can't keep blaming Brian for my ungrateful kids, I cannot fathom ever chastising my daughter like this ever, if God forbid she ever finds her self in my situation with an evil vindictive ex. I truly envy those of you that have loving and supportive relationships with your mothers and/or your daughters. I was really hoping this surgery was going to change things for the better between my mom and me. Boy! was I ever wrong!! :-( At this point, unless something drastically changes, I can't see me going to stay with her after she's discharged. I was so upset that I called Tony!! I hardly ever call him especially when he's working. I was shaking, and I'm sure my BP was spiking through the roof. I could feel it. Tony says I need to stop giving her permission to hurt me. and that I need to let crap that I can't control go... I know he's right but dang it!!
    Anyway, I made two hamburger patties for my dinner tonight. Got my school work done and made a bowl of popcorn and watched a couple episodes of Criminal Minds.

Angie
    • 3647 posts
    May 15, 2018 9:49 AM PDT
    I think you need to do what professionals advise in this situations. I am not talking about it, you know the situation and say if you won't end the call. goes for exes etc. you don't have to take the abuse. everytime she gets like that. end the call.