Forums » General Chat

Magicall Monday $$$ Stretching 4/16/18

• 1319 posts
    April 16, 2018 12:47 AM PDT
    Magically speaking, will today bring some sweet surprises? I hope so! Share your plans!
    • 1319 posts
    April 16, 2018 1:00 AM PDT
    A day off today and I hope to get a lot done!

I will bring many cooking magazines to the gym to be read by others and I went through my bathroom to get rid of various items. There is a lot of room under the sinks now. I will bring toiletries to the food bank as donations. Soaps, lotions and shampoos go fast.

I have leftover turkey. I may make soup such as, turkey and wild rice or a pot pie or both. Not sure yet.

Angie- There's a lot going on with your Mom. Yeesh. Does someone have power of medical attorney for her? That person may be able to speak to the MD without violating HIPPA rules.

NaNa- How's your finger? Better, I hope!
    This post was edited by LisaYarosh at April 16, 2018 1:04 AM PDT
    • 2125 posts
    April 16, 2018 1:51 AM PDT
    Good morning to all. Lisa, much appreciation to you for getting the day’s topic started.

We had severe storms throughout last night and the winds are howling as I type. Thankful for the rain the storms brought, however, the wind will quickly dry things out again. Our electricity has been sustained thus far, grateful for that. Today’s temp is supposed to reach 59.

Planning to stay at home today and no money to be spent as I can determine. Just the regular house chores to get done, and I will assess the outdoor situation once the sun comes up. Supper will roasted chicken breasts with onions and peppers, green beans, and mac ‘n cheese.

Have a great start to your week.
    • 2172 posts
    April 16, 2018 6:26 AM PDT
    Babysitting again today. We had a wind storm blow through last night and we are expecting rain later today. DH has a business trip to Portland Oregon for the next couple of days so it is just DS and I for dinner for the next few days. Tonight we are having pulled pork sandwiches. I will work on my embroidery project while watching tv this evening. I will fold clothes when I get home.
    • 3785 posts
    April 16, 2018 10:38 AM PDT
    pouring rain here but better then most people are getting snow freezing rain etc. sore from time of the month and standing too much at work. when I came home guys were in the front pulling dandelions etc so I ended up trimming back my spirea? bush pretty pink flowers in the spring. did a big trim. some of my winter jasmine too. dh said the neighbours would say it was him lol he isn't a gardener.

have to go to the two libraries..one holds expiring today. local one is closing for 3 days because they are renovating so need to move depts to diff floor while other one is worked on. the grocery store there is having case lot sale so will get some stuff purex tp 12 dble rolls 2pks for $9 campbells tomato soup 6.99 for 12. stuff we need.

need to do guide stuff place an order and send off a chq. made a payment on cc. bathroom tub has not had a scrub for weeks really needs it maybe ds can do it.

dh and I are going to a concert tonight about hour away. was a groupon he got us for xmas gift.
    This post was edited by marthamfi at April 16, 2018 10:52 AM PDT
    • 438 posts
    April 16, 2018 4:59 PM PDT
    Hi all, rain and SNOW here today, will spring ever come-lol. Did laundry, bills -so money out there, cooked chicken and dumplings, black-eye peas for dinner. Having a friend coming to help me do some spring cleaning in the morning, my Dad who is 81, gives my sister and I 100$ every spring to hire someone to help us with whatever project we need help with but he wants to know what we spent it on lol. I'm having help on inside doors, fans, lights, and washing down the cabinets and light swicthes-how do they get so dirty so quick?
    Susan