Forums » General Chat

Thankful Thursday 4/12 $$$ Stretching

• 869 posts
    April 12, 2018 3:41 AM PDT
    Good Thursday to All. Share your plans for the day. Are you Thankful for anything?
    • 869 posts
    April 12, 2018 3:42 AM PDT
    Warmer temps - low of 54 and hitting the mid 70's. Possible rain/storms on Sunday. Thankful the computer is behaving this morning. It is getting on in years but a newer one is just not in the budget so we deal with things as they come.

Weekly Aldi's trip yesterday - managed to stay under budget. A few items had dropped in price but an equal amount had prices go up. Sigh. Eggs are still pricey but another store has them for 77 cents/dozen limit 4 so that is on the horizon for this morning.

DH made (charred) burgers yesterday on the grill with enough left over for today. The meat I had bought awhile ago in a 5 lb. chubb - we cut that in half and put the remaining piece back in the freezer. Splurged on a bag of potato chips to go along with the frozen broccoli. Today will cut some kale.

Not pressing my luck with this computer - everyone have a wonderful and Thankful day.

This post was edited by LNBee2 at April 12, 2018 3:49 AM PDT
    • 2172 posts
    April 12, 2018 6:20 AM PDT
    Babysitting again today. Grandson decided to get up at 6am so I see a nap in our future. I will take him to preschool in a little while. His mommy doesn't have school this evening so I will only have them until about 3pm. Dinner tonight at my house will be Korean beef over rice with broccoli.
    • 1440 posts
    April 12, 2018 6:34 AM PDT
    Good morning, I am thankful to be home today. Medical roller coaster for the next few weeks. A lot of decisions to be made. Tests galore. I had the wound vac put on yesterday. It's like a ball and chain and I could have it for several months. A couple of blockages in my neck and legs. Tests will be done for the next month to determine what to do about them. Like I thought cardiologist says no surgery until he sees the extent. Continuing on the antibiotics and we shall see what happens. I had a rough weekend my foot was so sore I could barely walk. Walking better with less pain there. Still swelling. DH is wonderful but losing time from work. He went today.

Needless to say cabin fever is setting in. Warm weather for Saturday and I am looking forward to sitting outside. Sleeping a lot.

That is it for me. I will catch up on the forums this morning. I hope everyone is doing well. Have a good day everyone.

• 1463 posts
    April 12, 2018 7:12 AM PDT
    Map, I hope your ankle/leg recover soon. I hope Retired is feeling better soon. Raining this morning. Supposed to turn into a few inches of snow overnight. Another long day at work yesterday. Hoping for a shorter day today but fortunately has a lot less meetings. DH made dinner last night using leftover ham from Easter. So still need to use the thawed brats and chicken. No anticipated spending today. I hope everyone has a great day. Jill
    • 2125 posts
    April 12, 2018 8:02 AM PDT
    Woo hoo! Spring has sprung in my area. We will have lots of sunshine today with temp expected in the mid 70s. The weather will be exciting, but I have no exciting plans since I will be staying at home today. Just the usual things to get done and some paperwork and shredding. I also need to schedule a couple of appointments. I do not plan to spend any money, so that’s good. Supper will be tuna with shredded lettuce, sliced cucumbers, tomatoes and tortilla chips. Positive thoughts for everyone dealing with health issues. Have a nice day.

• 422 posts
    April 12, 2018 9:10 AM PDT
    Oh Map - poor you. I'm so glad to hear that you are in less pain. Sleeping a lot sounds a great idea to help you in your recovery.

I had an eye test this morning and the wonderful optometrist explained the letter from the Eye Hospital that I hadn't been able to understand. I am being monitored for glaucoma and am awaiting cataract surgery. I have put off the eye surgery until I get my gastro problems sorted out but my eyesight has deteriorated and I need new lenses in my spex. They will be a couple of hundred pounds and will need to be replaced after the cataract surgery but I am sure they will really help my vision problems right here and now. I am really trying to take good care of my health and realise that spending money in this regard is a good thing to do.

I did a supermarket shop this afternoon, and was quite pleased with my purchases. I will be cooking up a vat of chili and several shepherds poes. I find that when you live alone batch cooking is the way to go.

A bit chilly here today with a high of 48 but apparently warmer temperatures are only a few days away.

This post was edited by magsuk at April 12, 2018 10:36 AM PDT
    • 3785 posts
    April 12, 2018 9:30 AM PDT
    yikes map sounds like what my friend had that is why her varcoise foot ulcer wasn't healing well. hope it all gets fixed up fast. she bought one of the circulation booster massager the one you put your feet on. circle shape not cheap but not bad. take care of yourself. hopefully all is ok with retired too. she doesn't post much on facebook so don't know.

no big plans nag ds about schoolwork. he wanted to go to course in diff city today but if he wasn't well enough for school or taekwondo yesterday then no can't pick and choose. has a teacher meeting tomorrow and math test. we have to go to the bank and sign papers tonight. dd needs to get ready for camp this weekend.

woke up to cat barfing she yells about it first doesn't like it. at least better then the other one who does it all the time eats too fast or revenge etc.

thinking stirfry for dinner. finally do the vacuum and mop and more laundry. watching blue planet 2 and need 2nd coffee. may go out for lunch with friend. same old weather mix of rain and sun overcast.

This post was edited by marthamfi at April 12, 2018 9:43 AM PDT
    • 1540 posts
    April 12, 2018 11:51 AM PDT
    Hi gang!! After getting some school work done and facebook time- lol!! I decided to check in.
    The weather today- it is amazingly beautiful here today!! sunshine and 74* but there is a wind advisory in effect til 8 pm!! MY door is OPEN!! So very thankful for that. the trees are finally starting to bud. only a week or so behind schedule. I am going to vacuum here in a bit. and possibly mop the bathroom and kitchen. well, use the wetjet. lol
    no money out today, and all food/meals from home as well. :) Have a good one!!

Angie
    • 3785 posts
    April 12, 2018 2:17 PM PDT
    got in touch with Retired is ok, not better both of on the mend. hubby not at work yet.

went for lunch with friend at ihop with her mil. her mil paid for both of us which was nice so left tip. she had to go though a hail storm across the river when she took her dd to school. sudden one about inch or more of hail. just pulled over and waited for it go away.

now off to go vacuum etc.
    • 1540 posts
    April 12, 2018 5:19 PM PDT
    We officially hit 78 this afternoon. I managed to vacuum and dust will wet jet the kitchen and bath tomorrow. My back hurts... I am "this" close to telling Tony it's s***t or get off the pot. I don't have time for his BS, and frankly, I've grown quite tired of it. I guess we'll see how long that lasts.. lol I love him, Lord help me, I can't help myself. :-/ Might work on my meal plan tonight.

Angie
    • 1540 posts
    April 12, 2018 7:03 PM PDT
    Ok, so I got my meal plan done, chopped my romaine lettuce hearts and sliced up 1 of my 2 cucumbers. I have GOT to get my crap together and start eating more healthy foods, meal prep and portion control here I come!!! I have also decided to contact my insurance provider to see if they will cover either in full or partially the cost of getting me a NuStep, a recumbent cross trainer used in stroke recovery and physical therapy. If they won't, I will tap into my inheritance from Tom. I really don't want to, but I need o start getting the lbs off so I can start walking more outside. AS big as I am now, I get winded and tired just walking down to get my mail. :( And I have to stop and rest when I get groceries. it is ridiculous.

Have a great night!!

Angie