Forums » Around the House

Spring 2018 Decluttering garden house ...share

• 3723 posts
    April 1, 2018 7:35 PM PDT
    spring cleaning time is here normally time to refresh and get ready for summer share
    • 3723 posts
    April 1, 2018 7:38 PM PDT
    been slowly spring cleaning but now with a dumpster available...2 big kersone logs..not good for garden, old carpet from basement 2 old electric sweepers they don't charge up anymore. plus a bunch of odds and ends that gather up. more tomorrow

bag of clothes mostly from ds for thrift store
    This post was edited by marthamfi at April 1, 2018 7:39 PM PDT
    • 3723 posts
    April 20, 2018 10:40 AM PDT
    put pool ladder and playhouse slide on craigslist for free and they went fast so two big things out of the back yard
    • 3723 posts
    May 28, 2018 4:38 PM PDT
    guess the only one posting here ... slow and steady ... decluttered most of what has come from mils house. some is going to her new place. craft stuff.

cleaning up the garden etc
    • 2141 posts
    May 28, 2018 6:52 PM PDT
    We are giving grandson the bed that is in DH'S office so he will have more room. We will take more stuff to storage to get it out of the house until our son moves out and takes it with him.
    • 1275 posts
    May 30, 2018 8:24 PM PDT
    I've been decluttering for the church garage sale- the church makes the $ and we can take a write-off.

So far, I've got some school items, books, clothing and a few stuffed toys. I hope DH and the kids will donate items but am doubtful. The items amount to a kitchen trash bag.
    • 3723 posts
    May 31, 2018 8:25 AM PDT
    that is a good idea. I gave up on garage sales just too much work and very cheap people around here. there is a free take and gave place locally.

gave a bunch of british mags to a friend who is british. a couple of shirts so far in the ongoing thrift store bag. gave a couple of collectiable teaspoons from mil to friend.
    This post was edited by marthamfi at May 31, 2018 8:27 AM PDT
    • 1275 posts
    June 1, 2018 5:45 PM PDT
    Well, I went through half the basement. I can't do much as a lot of it is the kid's stuff and DH's collectibles. We have enough collectibles to open a shop. Seriously. So, those boxes got closed up...…...

DS1 has the middle of the room devoted to housewares and empty boxes from when he had an apartment. So, those were left on the floor...…..

I'll get through the huge 4 foot plastic containers that house my holiday items, old toys, more collectibles and see if I can decrease the stuff and consolidate. That will be for another day.

I have more books, luggage, a large picture, a computer and clothing to donate.
    • 3723 posts
    June 7, 2018 4:39 PM PDT
    you are so nice lisa lol If I let my family have their way would be a hoarders situation going on. said to dh doesn't your mils place give you ideas.

we decluttered some of mils place. stacks of realtor notepads, old unopened software..games etc. bought some things home to give away at a later date. pass along to benefit others.
    • 1275 posts
    June 10, 2018 1:51 PM PDT
    I'll go through those boxes this week on my day off. See if DH will want to get rid of any old computers by taking the hard drives out. We have several so I hope he will part with more. I sold some Tupperware on ebay. COOL. I'll see what else can be sold and group them together for ebay.