Forums » General Chat

Valentines Day Wednesday 2/14

• 1462 posts
    February 14, 2018 5:27 AM PST
    How is everyone spending the day today?
    • 1462 posts
    February 14, 2018 5:54 AM PST
    Happy Valentines Day! Up early with no grandchildren until noon. It works out this way every time. Cloudy but a high of 48 degrees today. A small preview of spring.

MY granddaughter at noon today and doctor appointments. My x-ray on hip and foot. DH will get out of work early to take me. I also have to take my 3 year old granddaughter but she is well behaved. She will play with Grandpas phone while we are there.

No special plans for Valentines Day. I have small valentines for my grandchildren. I have 5 of them so small bags filled with little treats. I bought valentine party favors so there is not so much candy in there. The baby will receive a couple containers of Puffs.

Goulash for dinner. I will start my sauce shortly and leave it in the crockpot so it's ready to go when we arrive home from the later appointment. Vacation is a week away from today. I am not ready by any means. I know some are already packed. I haven't started so I will start taking things out today. Looks like the foot boot is what to wear for footwear this year. The problem is that the boot is higher than everything else I own so when I walk, it's an up down, up down, walking situation. One sandal, one boot, one ballet flat ,one boot. No heels at all. I can live with it but not so pretty for formal nights. lol

That's it for me. Not a very romantic day planned but vacation is just a short week away.
    • 2302 posts
    February 14, 2018 6:03 AM PST
    Happy Valentine’s Day to everyone!

We are scheduled to reach a high of 56 degrees today after a morning start of 35. Thankful for the rain we had all day yesterday even though it was unexpected. We will see what today brings.

No special Valentine’s plans, just a quiet evening meal at home. I plan to stay home today, and I do not plan to spend any money. The regular house chores will be completed, laundry folded and put away, and another load cycled. I really need to inventory the laundry detergent, fabric softener and cleaning supplies on hand. I have been picking up more and more of these items when they are on sale and I have a very good coupon. I think I have enough to last me the remainder of this year, but need to verify. Supper will be steaks, baked potatoes, salad, Sister Schubert rolls, and strawberries with whipped cream.

Have a great day!
    • 3910 posts
    February 14, 2018 6:32 AM PST
    Happy Valentines Day everyone! it snowed overnight here so a couple of inches. wet and not freezing now so won't last long. cats not happy of course. stores didn't go all out for valentines this year maybe because not on a weekend. no pages of ads or advertising for restaurants

up early again. no big plans. pulled choc from freezer from a demo long time ago for moms group but email saying choc fondue bring fruit..have bananas I think. have the car packed with stuff giving away snow pants etc. have some small stuff for valentines for the kids and dh.

kids still have all their activities today. maybe will make some frozen shrimp since dd won't be home for dinner. was strange day yesterday so hopefully better today. drama with dd schoolfriend. ds asked him to take the laundry out of the dryer and bring upstairs. then I heard the dryer going later ..was what didn't you ask me to put the stuff in from washer...normally yes but the washer was half full of dirty unwashed clothes. asked him didnt he notice the clothes were dry lol

had two expense chqs from guides. was told only one that got the other one months ago. no turns out I was right. . next time lots of people are going be emailed everytime I do something.

tried to submit a claim for physio now won't let me do it until dh submits his direct deposit info so that will be a while. hopefully they sent a chq for the other claims.
    This post was edited by marthamfi at February 14, 2018 7:12 AM PST
    • 2308 posts
    February 14, 2018 6:37 AM PST
    I am babysitting today. I did not want to get out of bed this morning. No money out today. We don't really celebrate Valentine's day. I haven't had time to pick up a card or anything. My guys are lucky that I am cooking dinner tonight. We are having a get together on Saturday to celebrate Dad's life. He didn't want a funeral. This has been a long week.
    • 108 posts
    February 14, 2018 6:57 AM PST
    Happy Valentine's Day.

Supposed to be a warm but windy day here. We are now on our 98th day without precipitation.

No plans for Valentine's Day. I stopped and got a pizza on the way home last night. We really enjoyed that.

Should be a no spend day today. I brought a slice of leftover pizza for lunch.

Take care y'all.
    • 1442 posts
    February 14, 2018 7:29 AM PST
    Happy Valentine's Day!

Running errands. Have to get cereal and a few things from Target. Ash Wednesday is today so we're going to church.

I'll try to make chicken asparagus mixed with cream of chicken soup tonight.
    • 242 posts
    February 14, 2018 9:56 AM PST
    Good morning.
    LifeoRiley just caught up on post reading, I'm so sorry for your loss.
    • 242 posts
    February 14, 2018 10:09 AM PST
    Happy Valentine's Day to all.
    Grocery shopping today then time with sweet gs. Looking forward to visiting with my brother on Saturday.
    Take care and be kind to yourself. deb in az
    • 944 posts
    February 14, 2018 12:17 PM PST
    Good Wednesday/Valentine's Day to All. Low of 39 and now 61 degrees. Slept 8 hours again - thankful for that.

Map, I can relate about having to wear a boot and feeling lopsided. Hope you don't have to have it on very long.

DH and I went to our former church for an Ash Wednesday noon time service and met up with BFF there. Reconnected with a few people. We normally don't celebrate Valentine's Day but DH has wanted to visit a local Columbian restaurant for quite some time so off we went for lunch. Very good food - most of the clientele were from Central and South America, which is always a good sign as to the quality and authenticity of the food.

Harvested a small amount of equally small Brussels Sprouts. We only had success with the sprouts one time and that was around 7 years ago.

Not much else on the horizon for today. Everyone have a wonderful rest of the day.
    This post was edited by LNBee2 at February 14, 2018 12:38 PM PST
    • 2814 posts
    February 14, 2018 1:20 PM PST
    map-I hope you get some good answers from the dr.
    DH and I are putting off Valentine's Day until I am a bit more mobile. I feel better every day but I am still struggling a little with getting up. You never realize what muscles you use to do different things until it hurts like hell to use them!
    I was going to do laundry but DH forgot to take the basket out for me and I can't lift anything over 10 pounds, so it will have to wait.
    Have a wonderful day.
    kim
    • 1508 posts
    February 14, 2018 2:57 PM PST
    NEVER SEND YOUR DH TO THE STORE FOR YOU. I was stuck at work and needed a baking potato and some carrots. He came back with those plus 2 pints of Ben & Jerry's, 2 blocks of cheese, blueberries and a couple of energy drinks.Been a rough couple days at work. I think I'm over the worst of it though. We don't do much for Valentine's either. We just exchange cards and a little something (like chocolate) and cook something special. Dinner tonight is steak, said baking potato, fresh asparagus and salad. Ben & Jerry's might pop up for dessert. I hope everyone had a great day. Jill
    • 421 posts
    February 14, 2018 4:28 PM PST
    Hi all, happy Valentines Day and Ash Weds. Did get my fish and pizza so spend here but worth it. Need to do some shopping and errands tomorrow Jill I'm like you dh buys and buys aslo.lol. Rainy here again but warm above freezing for past 2 days now just a muddy mess with the dog. Have any of you signed up for Pinch from the Dollar Stretcher site? Have a great night
    Susan