Forums » General Chat

Terrific Tuesday Feb 13th, 2018 stretching

• 3855 posts
    February 13, 2018 6:28 AM PST
    Share your plans for the day! getting ready for Valentines day?
    • 3855 posts
    February 13, 2018 6:29 AM PST
    Chilly here suppose to snow tonight but not sure how much down here. up way too early but couldn't fall back asleep. was a nice weekend so the poor rescue volunteers had lots of stupid people to rescue on the mountains. people skiing out of bounds hikers not prepared going where they shouldnt or capable . always a few that disappear each season for good. no matter now much it is advertised to be smart. they should start charging for rescues.

started the day w email from sil she is exhausting. basically trying to make others responsible like the caretaker to get into the building to get into mils suite instead of calling us. stating the obvious dont' think she has dementia think she has the same dementia her sister had.... same sentence so told john that he needs to be blunt with her and say what is your problem or I will. like what is the plan for mils bday well you can't be bothered to come out to anyones bday during the week if she comes at all so what is your problem what we do. a week of all this that could be solved in 5mins is way too much. wish I was a guy and shrug it off but since I am not allowed to be direct. sorry safe place to vent. she is also one of those just cus I go to church I am christian people. nope takes more then that.

canada doing good at the olympics so yeah! ds friend coming over to do schoolwork, need to pick up expense chq run errands etc. library laundry the same old. guides today so valentines stuff to get together. not sure about dinner leftovers plus hotdogs or ..something easy anyways.

apparently a daffodil farm the flowers are starting to bloom a couple of weeks early. so they want the cold to stop it. not enough workers yet. my primroses were blooming from last year so put them out.

This post was edited by marthamfi at February 13, 2018 7:19 AM PST
    • 875 posts
    February 13, 2018 7:16 AM PST
    Good Tuesday to All. Low of 42 and high of maybe 46 - real cool down from yesterday's 70 degrees. Terrific is the almost 9 hours of sleep last night (minus a few bathroom trips). Another note to self - a half cup of the last of the yogurt at 5 PM is still too late to eat if I don't want to keep getting up at night.

Still a tad groggy and DH woke up feeling a little off, so we are staying in today. Supposedly going out to lunch tomorrow for Valentine's Day but the railroad company in a well thought out plan decided to close numerous railroad crossings at the same time to work on the tracks - terrible traffic back-ups everywhere as drivers try to find a way to their destinations. On line info is only general - a particular road involved but not the exact location. Our chosen restaurant may possibly be difficult to reach. Time will tell. Already working on a Plan B.

Leftovers for lunch today. I will go out to the greenhouse in a bit to see if any leaf lettuce leaves are big enough to pick.

Everyone have a Terrific day.
    This post was edited by LNBee2 at February 13, 2018 7:22 AM PST
    • 439 posts
    February 13, 2018 9:54 AM PST
    Luckee and map - bless you for yuir kind thoughts. Dealing with ongoing pain is a hidden thing - not like you have a plaster cast! The good news for today is that I have now reached the maximum does of my pain relief medication - you have to build up to it gradually - and I am feeling kind of spaced out but the pain is a a more bearable level. I am almost scared to hope that this may be the answer.

So pleased that the decorators have finished and have done a wonderful job. It's a bit of a risk to buy a fixer-upper when you are pushing 70, but the whole flat looks great. Carpets will be laid on Monday.

Off to Durham tomorrow for a few days with DS and family. A little bit nervous about the journey as having a lot of pain to deal with affects your confidence but those of you who pray, please send up a little mention for me that it goes well. Thank you.

This post was edited by magsuk at February 13, 2018 9:58 AM PST
    • 26 posts
    February 13, 2018 10:04 AM PST
    Mags, I'm sad that you are having to deal with this relentless pain. I hope that it abates so that you can enjoy your getaway.
    • 439 posts
    February 13, 2018 10:17 AM PST
    Thank you, Mazie. One of the things I appreciate about this Forum is the wonderful help and support from others,
    • 107 posts
    February 13, 2018 10:32 AM PST
    Hi all,

Happy Terrific Tuesday.

Weather is warming up a little bit. We are supposed to make it to 61 today and then 80 degrees the next 2 days and then 45 on Saturday. We also have a chance of rain this weekend. Keeping our fingers crossed.

No Valentine plans. DH and I have never really celebrated Valentine's. I may stop and pick up a Little Caesars pizza. He really enjoys those and they are only $6.00. I did get the granddaughters a little something.

Mags: Enjoy your visit with your son. Will say a prayer for safe travels.

I brought lunch to eat at my desk, so no money out there. Also collected on another quilt. All is good.

DS still hasn't decided what to do about his broken down truck. I just hope he's putting money away for another vehicle. He says he is...

Better get back to work. Take care y'all.
    • 2167 posts
    February 13, 2018 10:57 AM PST
    The weather roller coaster is in full effect here. Yesterday we had a high in the mid 60s, today a high in the lower 40s. Mother Nature really has us in a whirlwind.

Today’s plans: go to JC Penney to redeem my $10 off $10 purchase coupon, Sam’s Club to renew my membership, Walmart to pick up a prescription and get my eyeglasses serviced, the bank, the post office, and the recycle center. Of course the regular daily chores and a laundry load of towels are necessary. Supper will be ham and cheese sub sandwiches and chips.

Have a nice day.
    • 3855 posts
    February 13, 2018 11:12 AM PST
    good luck with the pain magsuk! hopefully there is a treatment of some type for it. well an hour makes a difference. dd came back home had a headache and is weepy she says no reason she knows so guess just a mental health day and hopefully not getting sick.

turns out I am working this weekend not next weekend swore I was but guess got it wrong so making different anniversary plans. oh well got all the emails done that were needed. texts organizing etc.

realized it was shrove tuesday..looked it up when ds asked what was fat tuesday. realized have leftover pancakes from yesterday so that plus last night leftovers dinner is done. tomorrow will make red food. pasta and sauce etc. will pick up valentine stuff this afternoon for dh and the kids.
    This post was edited by marthamfi at February 13, 2018 11:17 AM PST
    • 2836 posts
    February 13, 2018 12:32 PM PST
    mags-I hope that is an answer for your pain. And that you have an easy journey.
    Today I actually feel like I might live. LOL The sutures are not as swollen and are looking like they are healing nicely
    Niece helped me with the goulash yesterday afternoon. It looked terrible to me but DH said it was okay. He did however tell me not to cook tonight. I did try to do a little too much yesterday.
    I need to get a couple of bills written out to mail tomorrow. and I think I will try to put up the clean dishes.
    Happy Tuesday all1
    kim
    • 431 posts
    February 13, 2018 5:17 PM PST
    hi all, paid bills did the regular chores then cleaned my fish tank from top to bottom I'm down to 1 fish. So for v-day dh is taking to petco to get some new fish and picking-up pizza. not to romantic but i love watching my fish lol i got him a card and will pay for the pizza. hope petco has what i want small tank 4or5 fish my last ones died of old age. had ham , mac&cheese with peas tonight.
    Susan
    • 1545 posts
    February 13, 2018 8:30 PM PST
    My stretchy duties if the day? 1. no spending and 2. I downloaded some bonus "best customer" digital coupons from Kroger. They don't expire until 4/22/2018 the best one: a free package of Kroger breakfast sausage patties or links; $2 off when you spend $10 in the frozen food section, $1 off a Kriger brand frozen pizza, .80off Kroger frozen potatoes, $1 off 2 bags of Kroger baking chips, and a few others...

All meals and food were from home today. ;-) Tony has a 1 week follow up with his cardiologist tomorrow morning at 10. I am worried but have been praying a lot for him.

Angie