Forums » General Chat

silly saturday and sunday stretching (2/10-2/11

• 216 posts
    February 10, 2018 6:31 AM PST
    what are you doing to make the most of your money and resources?
    • 216 posts
    February 10, 2018 6:38 AM PST
    Today is going to be a home day for me. I, once again, have a sinus cold. My plans are to clan the house and to get some rest.

Some time this weekend I'm going to try and make up another batch of pizzas for the freezer. DD also wants me to make some cheese stuffed pretzels. I'm going to try making them with some velveeta cause the cheese sticks didn't hold up as well as I had wanted, the cheeze wiz did but I really am not fond of the amount of chemicals in that stuff.

It's dd's night to cook so supper is tbd
    • 785 posts
    February 10, 2018 7:22 AM PST
    Happy Weekend to All. Very early morning rain; possibly hitting 60 degrees. More rain overnight and most of tomorrow.

Kim, hope you are doing okay and recovering quickly. Lisa, hope your bake sale is a success. What energy! I am tired just thinking of all you have done this week.

Cookies are baked - 6-1/2 dozen. I am calling them apricot and cherry swirls rather than pinwheels because they look like they have been run over by a steam roller, but they do taste good. Left a small bowl of cookies for DH and also froze 1 dozen for whenever. Making black bean and sweet potato chili for lunch after church tomorrow for me. Italian sausage for DH today and I will set aside some for tomorrow too.

Waiting for DD to call - three hour time difference. Hope she doesn't sleep in too late. The rain woke me up around 4:15 and I never went back to sleep. A nap would be advisable this afternoon as I will be out of the house this evening for an event for the ladies in our church. DH is out picking up more gardening supplies.

Everyone have a wonderful weekend.

This post was edited by LNBee2 at February 10, 2018 7:28 AM PST
    • 343 posts
    February 10, 2018 8:54 AM PST
    Riley - so sorry for your loss. It doesn't matter how old we are, the loss of a parental figure leaves us feeling bereft.

Retired - hope the worst is behind you now and you are on the mend.

Funny old day here - in quite a bit of pain. The doctors think it is nerve pain which is likely to be chronic but I am pleased with how I have dealt with it today - basically saying bugger you, pain, I'm getting on with my life. Not always able to do that, but today I can.

Cleaned the kitchen, put up a curtain pole in the spare room and ordered some curtains. Spoke to a good friend and sympathised with her health problems. She is not very computer literate so said i would order her a portable bidet on the internet and have it sent to her. Enough said!

My little GD received the book I sent her via Amazon - The Fox and the Star - she is
    delighted with it.

Some TV to watch tonight but apart from that, no big plans. Soup at lunchtime and for dinner tonight low fat sausages roasted in a tray of mixed veggies.

Hope everyone is well and happy.

This post was edited by magsuk at February 10, 2018 8:56 AM PST
    • 2715 posts
    February 10, 2018 9:56 AM PST
    Riley-So sorry for your loss.

My surgery turned out a small bit more complicated than the CT scan showed but I am home. I am having a lot of difficulty getting up from a seated position and I am not even trying to stretch on the bed. The site is right across my tummy at the navel so bending is impossible! Very glad of almost around the clock Olympics and a good recliner!
    DH tries but he really isn't a very good nurse. LOL
    This weekend will e a lot of sleeping and unfortunately spendy since he can't cook. I am going to try to talk him thru cooking a casserole tomorrow though. Today will just be fast food.
    kim
    This post was edited by retired at February 10, 2018 7:29 PM PST
    • 2057 posts
    February 10, 2018 10:59 AM PST
    It has been a busy week with a lot of snow at different times. I helped with food delivery at church two days. I had grandkids three days in a row. Different kids.

Yesterday, Fri, cleaned the bathroom from top to bottom. It needed it .

Last night, two grandaughters had a sleep over. We took them out for dinner. Spent $50, way too much . They has a blast. We let them order what ever they wanted. I have enough leftovers for today. That helps with the cost. lol

We watched the openin gof the Olympics.

Today just home. Did two loads of laundry. One was red things that I had been putting off. Everything is drying near the wood stove to save money.
    Tomorrow will be church, see my Mom and then a friends birthday party. It is a pot luck so I have to decide on something to bring.

Riley, sorry for your loss. Rtired, thankful that you are home.

Babs
    • 1322 posts
    February 10, 2018 2:40 PM PST
    the weather though kinda warm upper 30s- lol well it's kinda yucky. gloomy foggy and now we're under a winter weather advisory for freezing drizzle and rain tonight and tomorrow. Fun times!!! NOT!

Ordered a few things from WalMart.com trying to keep healthy higher protein type snacks on hand so I am less tempted to make less healthy snacks. You know things like cookies, brownies, junk like that. lol, So I ordered some protein bars, tuna pouches and a couple pouches of salmon. Thought about ordering some protein powder since I've been looking for the homemade recipe for protein bars etc. The issue is, I need to limit the amount of soy I consume because I take warfarin, but whey protein is a bit more expensive so- I ordered some Nature Valley protein bars. Anyway.. $44 out today. :-/

All bills for Feb. are paid and I have $$ leftover. It's a good day!! I spent a little time setting up my credit card payments for March. Kohl's will be paid off as of March 8th!! woohoo! One down 3 more accounts to go!

Angie
    • 371 posts
    February 10, 2018 2:46 PM PST
    hi all, spend day here went to Rural King a boxstore feed and seed, got dogfood, suet, birdseed, dh gets in there and acts like a kid sometimes I have to tell him no-lol. Ate a Captain D with coupons for 12$ and I brought my side salad and 1 fish home. dh will have a fish sandwich and i'll have a salad later. retired glad your home, if you had gas but in your tummy area it hurts bad until it works out.
    kitchen sink facets broke today have to go to lowes tomorrow and get a new one. spend but want also i don't have a sparer on mine-lol dh has bought every small part but it is still leaking. hope i get a what i want.

susan

• 76 posts
    February 10, 2018 3:34 PM PST
    Hi all,

Did all the grocery shopping today. Spent $127.00 total at 3 stores including Valentine gifts for the 2 granddaughters.

DH's friend has called asking us to go out with him and his new girlfriend. DH had planned to eat at home and watch the olympics or catch up on our dvr'd shows. Looks like we are going out to spend more $$.

It's been extremely chilly here today. Supposed to be even cooler tomorrow. I plan on it being a PJ day...lol.

Better get ready for my double date.

Take Care y'all.
    • 1388 posts
    February 10, 2018 3:36 PM PST
    Sunny and 29 today. Brief snow shower south of us. Saw an eagle not far from the house. Had seafood for lunch so money out for that and a little shopping. Third load of laundry is in the washer and it's the last one today. Need to start cleaning the house. Cooked a whole multi pack of chicken last night. We'll eat it for a couple of days and what's left will go in the freezer. I hope everyone has a great day. Jill
    • 3409 posts
    February 10, 2018 5:29 PM PST
    speedy recover retired. sunny here but chilly kids cranky cus we made them go with us to get my package but also the beach there. mailed the crocheted blanket for dh cousin baby. spent too much on goodies and shredded cheese. but was on special so stocked up for the freezer. cheap even with exchange. got thin mint girl scout ice cream.

watching dvds from library. don't feel like cooking so using gift cards to old spaghetti factory for takeout. cheaper plus the soup that comes with it will feed ds a couple of times. and get kids meals.

can do a lot this weekend or just ignore the to do list. thinking ignore. sil suppose to see mil so that is covered. after her immature hissy fits earlier this week.

thinking just lots of sitting around and crocheting plus tv for us. kids have schoolwork so they can do that too.

This post was edited by marthamfi at February 10, 2018 5:36 PM PST
    • 2020 posts
    February 10, 2018 5:56 PM PST
    15 degrees feels like summer. I picked up a shift today. My dd made dinner. We are using food from home and I just brought cereal, fruit, and cottage cheese from home for breakfast and lunch at work. I finally paid off a little credit card. Baby steps.
    • 1322 posts
    February 10, 2018 10:20 PM PST
    on my 2 written assignments, but that's about it. lol Saturdays, on WETTv, I binge watch Criminal Minds!! <3 well actually I watch intermittently, but it's on while I read, chat with Tony and peruse Facebook. lol, I actually just posted a big Happy Birthday post to my kids on Facebook!! Today, (Sunday) is their 18th birthday. I wonder if their father actually gave them their letters and cards I mailed earlier in the week. I'm going to bed early- well. early for me, so I can call them tomorrow to wish them a Happy Birthday. And I want to make some yellow cupcakes with chocolate frosting too. I don't anticipate hearing from or seeing them, but I still want to celebrate them and the day I became their mama!! ;)

I will check in later today.

Angie
    • 785 posts
    February 11, 2018 7:59 AM PST
    Good Sunday to All. Intermittent rain. Currently 65 degrees - that is just crazy warm for this time of year.

Kim and Mags - hope you both are doing better today.

Had a great time at the ladies' get together -home by 10 PM. Woke up this morning to a number of bouts of sneezing and generally not feeling all that great so DH went to church without me. I was very careful about food choices yesterday so this might be an a respiratory allergy thingy trying to take hold - that time of year. Froze the black bean chili and am making potato soup - easier on the stomach for one and also more allergy friendly. A good day to stay indoors.

Everyone have a wonderful rest of the weekend.

This post was edited by LNBee2 at February 11, 2018 8:03 AM PST
    • 2715 posts
    February 11, 2018 12:12 PM PST
    I am moving a little better today. I have been up walking thru the house and I did get some sleep last night although I am still just in the recliner.
    DH cooked TV dinners for us for lunch. It was nice to have something hot. He also washed the dishes he has been using all weekend.
    Sumo doesn't understand why "we" aren't in the bed, but he has stayed right by my side. He seems to understand that I am hurting.
    I need to address the V-day cards for the nieces after while. And get some more sleep.
    Thank you everyone for the well-wishes.
    kim
    • 3409 posts
    February 11, 2018 12:20 PM PST
    glad you are feeling a bit better retired. sunny here feel like we should be out doing something but no one feels like it. more a veg out day in the 40s but feels warmer. have the doors open for fresh air . only noon here

dh went for coffee with a friend and is helping a neighbour at the moment. I sorted out my yarn makes it look like less lol it is in the bedroom. tidied up the bedroom a bit. more too to do..so much dust though I dust all the time.

lots of screentime, puttering and cleaning putting things away have to load thrift store stuff into the car to get rid of it. adding to the pile. making a bag of stuff for moms group to give away like swim towels with lightening mcqueen too young for the kids.

no idea what is for dinner yet lots in the house so will see
    This post was edited by marthamfi at February 11, 2018 12:34 PM PST
    • 76 posts
    February 11, 2018 2:26 PM PST
    Hi all,

Not a productive day, but a restful one anyway. Put a roast in the oven for lunch. Will eat it on tortillas tonight before DH heads to work. Should also be enough left for a meal tomorrow evening as well.

Watching the olympics off and on. When not watching the olympics we have it on a Gunsmoke marathon.

Plan to do some house cleaning this evening so it's clean for the work week. DH stayed on top of the laundry this week so that's all done. Once again, another quick weekend. They just seem to go by so quickly.

For all of you under the weather, please get well and take care.

• 371 posts
    February 11, 2018 4:52 PM PST
    hi all, rain here but may snow in the morning, did go get a new faucet with sprayer today-never had a sprayer before lol. we also found a table for the for the front porch that i needed. dinner was spg. with meatballs, salad and garlic bread made from ham and hotdog buns
    susan

• 1322 posts
    February 11, 2018 10:13 PM PST
    I managed to survive my kids' 18th birthday without any major emotional breakdowns so that's good. That's always good. lol, I slept till almost noon- not sure if that was my body's response to a potentially emotional and moody day or what. I did call my kids at 12:30 pm to wish them a Happy birthday, only to get the machine, so I left yet another message for them just like I do every year on their birthday, Christmas and Easter. I did decide against baking cupcakes, I did not want to be tempted to gorge myself on cupcakes. I made 2 hamburger patties for my dinner tonight. Had a bowl of popcorn while watching Masterpiece theater (Victoria) on PBS. My eyes needed a break from the computer screen. Have one assignment left to finish up and an essay to write tomorrow- I got this!!!
    Catcha on Monday!

Angie