Forums » Around the House

2018 House Plans..rearrange? paint ? add on? freshen up ?share

• 3754 posts
    January 15, 2018 8:56 AM PST
    What are your plans for your house this year? paint freshen up with new decor ? rearrange? share?
    • 3754 posts
    January 15, 2018 9:00 AM PST
    lots of plans but will see what happens. painting our bedroom. bathroom downstairs to be finished. rearranged playroom but still more to do there. carpet needs cleaning in that part and carpet need pulling up in other part. want bigger windows down there too.

kitchen and those doors must get done. one door replaced ds room people before us had removed the bedroom doors so we had to replace them with matching vintage doors to the bathroom basement and linen closet all in the same area
    • 1434 posts
    January 16, 2018 4:42 AM PST
    Painting the interior, a new vanity, and medicine cabinet. If I get these things done it will be a miracle. Slow going here.

I also need to get quotes on having a rather large tree taken out.
    • 2201 posts
    January 16, 2018 7:16 AM PST
    Basic plans for this year are to declutter and refresh. More extensive things, new flooring and kitchen renovation, will have to wait until some other debts are paid off.
    • 2224 posts
    January 16, 2018 7:17 AM PST
    The only plans we have are to paint the ceiling in the kitchen where DH replaced a fluorescent light fixture and had to patch the drywall.
    • 3754 posts
    August 11, 2018 7:13 PM PDT
    bathroom downstairs done and trampoline gone 2 things off the list
    • 1343 posts
    August 13, 2018 12:37 AM PDT
    When my vacation starts at the end of August, I have every intention of decluttering my bedroom, garage and cellar. I want to hang cabinets in the garage as food storage is needed and I would love to paint on the garage floor a kind of speckled finish that resists staining and oil.

I hope to put down wood flooring in the unfinished part of the cellar and get rid of the water heater and replace it with a tankless unit.
    • 3754 posts
    August 28, 2018 8:58 PM PDT
    nice lisa! how much are tankless hot water units in your area? here a few thousand.

used up the stepping stone kits with the kids ..mine was really old had it for years. will go in the garden.

used the sample can of paint kicking around a light beige colour and painted a ratty garden bench wood was old. used up the rest of paint on front door jam nice and clean looking now. and a window sill in the kitchen.. not white but looks better then before.
    • 1343 posts
    August 29, 2018 6:56 AM PDT
    Martha- Tankless heaters are under $1000 now. I guess the labor to install would be the expensive part.

I do touch up painting and it always makes things look nicer. I would like to paint our front door and the wine barrel outside.
    • 1434 posts
    August 29, 2018 7:24 AM PDT
    The foot took over and nothing was done here. Maybe when we get back next month some painting will get done.

Not true I guess. I did get new carpeting in one room. We were also forced to buy a new dishwasher and a new lawn mower. Must haves did get done.
    • 3754 posts
    August 29, 2018 2:44 PM PDT
    yes must be fixed right away gets done. the drip by the washing machine that has been there since we moved in 16 yrs ago however.

that is a good price lisa. they have come down a lot over the years. we have a freebie out of the house that got torn down. just waiting for the guy to come around and do it with the furnace when he is in the area according to hubby.