Forums » Around the House

2018 Winter Decluttering

• 3409 posts
    January 15, 2018 8:45 AM PST
    Are you decluttering ? getting fresh start on new year. share!
    • 3409 posts
    January 15, 2018 8:51 AM PST
    lots to declutter but more for sale not throwing out. found a big bag full of bags of millet from our old cockatiel. would save the bags since they had little parts of millets and loose seed. empty for outside birds. was buried in broom closet. another place to declutter.

basement declutter more garbage at the moment. lots of things forgotten. one bag of xmas cards found 2 more of pictures and cards to go though and condense. xmas decor to go thought and thin out.
    This post was edited by marthamfi at January 15, 2018 8:53 AM PST
    • 3409 posts
    January 17, 2018 5:57 PM PST
    got rid of 6 cookbooks between moms group and dd school. well the shelve fell. went though the cookbooks and loose recipes that were housed in a computer floppy disk holder for all those old folks like me that know what is so bunch of recipes and the holder gone. plus some appliance booklets moved to different place.
    This post was edited by marthamfi at January 17, 2018 7:21 PM PST
    • 3409 posts
    January 26, 2018 10:17 AM PST
    added to thrift store pile couple pictures frames sheet of twin sheets into recycling bunch of cards and unused worksheets. sad to say only kept one because said to my daughter me from dh parents just because if things go south can be proof. don't like to think this way but have to protect the familys interests.

slowly but surely getting there.
    • 3409 posts
    February 15, 2018 4:07 PM PST
    dropped a bunch of stuff off at value village and moms group. the stuff I gathered already plus leftovers from michaels grab bags old decorations etc some things were given to me to pass along like pjs and bath stuff. dd didn't need more pjs. rainbow loom stuff gone that was a bagful
    • 2020 posts
    February 15, 2018 8:09 PM PST
    I need to get started, think I will get a lot done next month. This month more cleaning. Two youngest cleaned their room.