Forums » Holidays

Looking to Christmas 2018

• 696 posts
    January 11, 2018 5:17 PM PST
    Share your preparations for Christmas 2018.
    • 696 posts
    January 11, 2018 5:20 PM PST
    I ordered a few replacement pieces on eBay from the Fisher Price Little People nativity pieces. Those will be for Little Stuff & her Baby Brother. Are any of you using the sales to start stocking the gift closet?
    • 3767 posts
    January 11, 2018 6:28 PM PST
    not much sales wise for xmas. did get xmas crackers marked down to $5 from 20 for next year. went thought the xmas cards. have enough for a couple of years and variety.
    • 696 posts
    January 11, 2018 9:41 PM PST
    marthamfi, I have enough Christmas cards for several years as well. I bought some of the hard Christmas candy when they marked it way down, though. Hard peppermint drops don’t spoil, & those hard red raspberry drops keep well, too.
    • 1353 posts
    January 15, 2018 11:52 PM PST
    I had gotten a box of cards, a couple of gift boxes and a pack of tissue paper.
    • 1435 posts
    January 16, 2018 4:37 AM PST
    Not buying yet but the best thing I did to prepare was to put things away nicely. I threw things away bubble wrapped and condensed.
    • 1353 posts
    March 28, 2018 7:37 PM PDT
    So far, I've gotten some gift cards from CC points. I do have $75 in Swagbucks and will save them as it gets closer to Christmas. CC points are adding up and will get more gift cards as time goes on.
    • 1353 posts
    May 3, 2018 6:38 PM PDT
    I had no idea the RetailMeNot sold gift cards at a discount!! DS1 loves a particular shave balm and I got a discounted gift card from RetailMeNot and went to the website to buy some as a stocking stuffer. The website was running a discount on it. I ended up getting 2 tubes of the stuff for $13, regularly $18.
    • 1353 posts
    July 12, 2018 11:23 PM PDT
    Got the kids a Marvel Flash t-shirt and a Dr. Strange hat that was on sale and free shipping.

Did a 3 month survey and got a $25 Amazon card.

So far, I have $117 in swagbucks and $40 in CC rewards for gift cards. I'll keep collecting points and purchase later.

• 1353 posts
    August 16, 2018 12:46 AM PDT
    I got DS2 a calendar that a Navy Seals man designed and it shows tactics to survive in different situations. He's written several books as well. It's called "Deadly Skills" calendar and it was cheapest on ebay.

I have $134 in Swagbucks so far.
    • 2208 posts
    August 27, 2018 7:32 AM PDT
    I cashed in some points for gift cards today to begin the 2018 Christmas stash.
    • 3767 posts
    August 27, 2018 9:26 PM PDT
    picked up a colouring book for a friend outlander show theme
    • 2232 posts
    August 27, 2018 10:39 PM PDT
    I am embroidering some aprons for the girls, the grandkids and nieces. I am also putting together some jars with cookie mix and I will give them the recipe to make the cookies. The guys get to enjoy the cookies.
    • 1563 posts
    September 6, 2018 8:44 PM PDT
    right now, my kids are done, other than a few stocking stuffers. And maybe a Kroger or Meijer gift card. Other than that, or possibly a pre-Xmas sale at B & BW, I am done. Since my mom is so fond of smoking her weed, I may get her a couple packs of rolling papers- LOL!!!
    Last year I bought myself a bed for Xmas. This year I thinkI'll finally replace my stand mixer. But we'll see how things go... between now and Dec. 1st.

Angie
    • 696 posts
    September 11, 2018 6:25 PM PDT
    Ordered a photo book for one of my grandsons from Shutterfly on a free offer. I have to pay the shipping, but it is under $9, which is in my budget. It has pics of his birth & significant life events up to present.
    • 696 posts
    September 13, 2018 11:25 AM PDT
    Ordered a gift for our middle daughter & son-in-law from Gardeners Supply. I am giving them more wire cloches for their garden. They have both deer & bunnies, & last year I gave them a set of cliches. They loved it, & asked for more this year. I learned from this daughter that when shopping online, to fill the cart, then close the window without completing the order. Wait a few days, a “Did you forget something?” Will appear in your email. Ignore that one for a few more days, & a coupon comes your way via email. I bought 2 types of cloches. One came down from $1 off to $2 off each one (I bought two of that kind); & my shipping was reduced to $3.99 from $17.50. Since it is what she requested, I am having it mailed to her how, so I don’t have to stand in line to send it, or pay the cost, after paying the shipping cost in the first place, & she will then wrap it, label it, & put it with the rest of the gifts in the closet. She shops ahead like I do.
    • 3767 posts
    September 13, 2018 5:36 PM PDT
    that is good idea zohner.

bought a couple of things for ds bday and a tshirt for dd.

but when ordered old radio show for myself I got dvds full of vintage books one woodworking and one on teslas books etc not that expensive about 5 bucks each for dh
    • 1353 posts
    September 14, 2018 6:50 PM PDT
    I ordered a TENS unit for DS1 for Christmas. He has chronic back pain. Now that they've gone mainstream, it's easy to buy one for cheap. I went to Amazon and read all of the reviews before my purchase. He needs orthotics as well but that was harder to figure out.

Zohner- That was sound advice from your DD when shopping online! It's so true!
    • 1563 posts
    September 14, 2018 11:18 PM PDT
    I noticed last year as I was taking my 6' tree down, that a lot of the lights on my pre-lit tree burned out, so, earlier I was looking at 4.5 ' prelit trees that I can just sit on my one end table so all I'll need to do is move the lamp. If I use the one I already have, we will need to move that table out of the room to make room for my tree. I know ideally, I should wait for after Christmas sales. and the tree I have is 5 years old now so the fact that it's lasted as long as it has is impressive. lol, I think I will get the kids some simple stocking stuffers( gum breath mints, candy, lip balm, stuff like that.) and maybe a deck of cards puzzle books, deodorant, slipper socks- lol. I need to check on what grocers are near Andy's campus. Sarah has Kroger and Meijer and probably WalMart to choose from. I am already thinking about Christmas goodies to make this year. ;)

Angie