Forums » General Chat

Terrific Thursday $$$ Stretching 1/11/18

• 1075 posts
    January 11, 2018 12:27 AM PST
    How is everyone doing? Hope your weather is a bit sunny today and holding steady! Share your plans !
    • 1075 posts
    January 11, 2018 12:49 AM PST
    Weather will be chilly with lows of 20. Not too bad for the season.

Map- That's funny why GD was calling the co-worker.

DS2 needs to take a lunch today but I forgot to make sure there was something for him. I offered a tuna sandwich or I could microwave some chicken bites or a turkey sandwich. Only have 2 pieces of bread........I also offered to get him something at lunchtime and to let me know. We'll see what he does.. I have many gift cards to use.

Dinner may be leftover turkey or meatballs.

Took DS2's scholarship papers to the VFW. The men had no idea what I was talking about but I hope the papers get to the right person. If nobody else applies, he moves to the next round by default. There are several rounds and as you go through each one, there will be many more applicants. In the end, only one applicant will be chosen per state and only 3 of them will win.

More errands today. Going to pick up a Walmart order, return mascara and mail a package. Then hit the gym. I leave lots of magazines there when I'm done so they get re-read.

I had to get a new vacuum yesterday. I must buy one every year as they burn out. It's crazy. I use it once a week and have a few throw rugs and stairs but the rest is bare floors. This one kept overheating and shutting down. It was free with Swagbucks. :)
    • 1840 posts
    January 11, 2018 2:07 AM PST
    We are back on a weather roller coaster here. Temp is supposed to reach the low 60s today with the possibility of rain showers. Today’s plans: clean my car, daily house chores, fold and put away laundry, go to the recycle center, post office, credit union, get my hair cut, and pick up a couple of items from Dollar General. We will have pasta with red sauce, a side salad and garlic bread for supper. Hope it’s a great day for everyone.
    • 332 posts
    January 11, 2018 3:16 AM PST
    Map - I hope your foot is improving.

Grey and cloudy here, with a high of 36 today. I feel like I should go out and get some fresh air but I'm not very motivated to get moving.

Last night I went out to dinner with a young friend who wanted to visit a Japanese restaurant. I had a platter of mixed veggie things, called Buddha's Seven Treasures. It was very nice and very reasonably priced. Kate and I have been friends for 10 years but she is shortly to move down south to Oxford. We will still see one another but not as often as we do now, and I will miss her.

I have some chores to do today - the usual of laundry, tidying up and so on. I need to check my bank balance and make sure I have enough in my current account to pay the builder on completion of the new bathroom. I am not looking forward to the noise, disruption and mess but I am looking forward to the finished product.
    This post was edited by magsuk at January 11, 2018 3:23 AM PST
    • 762 posts
    January 11, 2018 3:17 AM PST
    Happy Thursday to All. Low of 45 and high of 60 with rain moving in. Thankful and Terrific that the computer started behaving yesterday afternoon. So far, so good.

Lots of attendees at the Bible study class - around 50 and half are from our former church so it was nice to watch up with a few of them. Wound up making the Polish sausage instead of bratwurst as it was quicker to cook. Leftovers today for lunch.

Very long list of household tasks to accomplish today plus a few before the rain outdoorsy things. Everyone have a terrific and blessed day.
    This post was edited by LNBee2 at January 11, 2018 3:20 AM PST
    • 1348 posts
    January 11, 2018 5:38 AM PST
    Happy Thursday! Up before dawn this morning. My foot swells as the day goes on and I have been going to bed really early only to wake at 4 a.m..
    January thaw and it will be 50 degrees today and a high of 56 tomorrow. I will open the door and air out my house later on.

No grandchildren today. Puttering around the house and the doctor today. I sent DH to Walmart to buy what I call bootie slippers in 2 sizes larger that what I normally wear. I told him to buy the cheapest pair he could find..I need something to put on my swollen foot to get out of the house. Well he found a pair in camoflash. I look like one foot is going duck hunting! I think I will wear my sneaker on the other foot.

Feeling better other than the swelling. I should be able to get a few things done this morning if the foot allows. Thankful it's not on the bottom of my foot. I never did work on groceries and I hope to go the grocery store after my appointment slipper and all. I also will stop at my brothers just to get out of here for a bit. I am stir crazy.
    Have a good day everyone.

Magsuk, I didn't like my house torn up for a week when my bathroom was redone. But when they finished I wanted to sit in the bathroom all day and just look at it.

Lnbee. 50 people at a bible study around here would be amazing!

This post was edited by map578 at January 11, 2018 5:39 AM PST
    • 762 posts
    January 11, 2018 6:36 AM PST
    Aargh, computer won't let me edit. Should read catch up, not watch up.

Map, I hope you are better soon. Mags, good luck with the reno. Get er done, as my DH says.
    • 1367 posts
    January 11, 2018 6:44 AM PST
    21 and cloudy this morning. Snow is supposed to start around lunchtime and drop 3-6 inches on us before it ends tomorrow. We are way behind on snow this year. Only about 30 inches so far when we usually have 2-3 times that much by now. at least it's not cold to go with it. Picked up a few groceries yesterday afternoon, spent $14. That should be it until DH needs more fruit next week. Finally ate the chicken last night. There's a roast in the crockpot for dinner tonight. No anticipated spending today. I hope everyone has a great day. Jill
    • 1276 posts
    January 11, 2018 8:40 AM PST
    Spring-like temps here today in the mid-50s with on and off rain showers. "Big" snowstorm expected tomorrow night and into Saturday... the last 3 weather reports have decreased the expected snowfall amounts. lol So I'm not too worried... I am prepared though. Always am you know. ;) Finally got all my Christmas decorations down yesterday and put away. Well, everything but the naked tree. Hoping to get that done today without killing myself or tearing my place up. My pantry cabinet was delivered this morning. My UPS guy actually brought it inside for me. The box is intact which is hopefully a good sign... that nothing is missing or damaged. *fingers crossed*
    Right now, Tony is planning to come up here on Saturday to assemble it for me. Trust me I'm not holding my breath... lol

No money out today and all food/meals from home, as usual.

Angie
    • 237 posts
    January 11, 2018 9:40 AM PST
    Another day watching gs, using free WiFi, playing hide n seek, puzzles and watching Paw Patrol today. Brought leftovers for breakfast & lunch. Will need to do some hand washing of clothes when I get home tonight so it will be dry by morning, I only use my washer and dryer for one load a month and it's much gentler on things hand washing too. Electric bill was 46.00 for December (all electric tiny condo) so happy with every frugal savings!
    Take care and be kind to yourself. Deb in az
    • 2689 posts
    January 11, 2018 10:44 AM PST
    Temp is 60 right now but we will be dropping into the 20's by nightfall. High winds gusting around right now.
    I have to run to the library, bank and grocery store this afternoon. Fortunately all very quick stops.
    DH and I both had fitful sleep last night because of the wind change.
    Having some weird computer problems that I will try to resolve this afternoon.
    Map-take care of that foot!
    kim
    • 46 posts
    January 11, 2018 12:33 PM PST
    Hi all,

Retired, your weather sounds like ours currently. It's a little windy. I talked to my mom this morning. They have a winter storm and all schools/churches, etc. are closed today.

I had to be at the office at 6:30 this morning to prep for a 7:00 a.m. meeting. Going to try and sneak out a little early this afternoon.

Plan to take it easy this evening and catch up on some recorded shows. I've been out in the shop the last 5 nights so I think one night will be okay.

I need to run by my 93 year old neighbor and get her grocery/errand list for the weekend. She is the sweetest little lady. I hope I have her outlook on life if I make it to 93.

Happy Thursday y'all.
    This post was edited by Sherri at January 11, 2018 12:33 PM PST
    • 2016 posts
    January 11, 2018 5:10 PM PST
    Snowy today. Happy my dd made it back to town. Went to the grocery store not once but twice! Overbudget at the grocery store. If we are snowed in we will be fine. Expensive weekend coming up.
    • 143 posts
    January 11, 2018 5:18 PM PST
    Happy Thursday. We had ice and snow here in the midwest. DH and I worked on our continual laundry room remodel. It's still going to be a little while until completion however, we are doing it ourselves.

So proud hosting a shower and have made, borrowed, and accepted offers of help from others. So excited.
    Stay frugal everyone
    • 3354 posts
    January 11, 2018 6:04 PM PST
    there is snow about 40mins away from me enough of just don't drive if you have too...here not that cold 40d and raining. friends dd had a snow day.goes to a christian school out there. hope everyone is well. map do you put honey or silver on your wound?

busy couple of days. now a blow out with dd about math. like give me a break... tired of them not being responsible. like take a shower without me saying so. math teacher emailed...so go to tutorial time..he helps other kids so what wait your turn. I forget ..so set alarm excuse excuse. I even texted her to go today which she ignored. just because at her school she can do it after semester ends that is not the case anywhere else. ds just avoids school work. I give them all the tools so no excuse.

dh is like we talked about doing math tonite ..so did you put it on the calendar ? why is it my problem. plus with traffic you don't know when he is home. he and coworkers went out last night because it wasn't worth it to try to go home. I said I don't go on about the 1000 things no one thinks about that goes on in the house. most that is cleaning up after them etc you moms know what I am saying. told dh I am worn out I don't like nagging and he is responsible for all the energy out for his family for not dealing with it. so much for a quiet night. thought I was done at dinner.

anyways. shopped, went to library, took my mom out to ikea yesterday for her bday...that is what she wanted. her heart is bugging her so didn't want to do much. got a couple things of course at ikea. new wastebasket for bathroom lamp dh wanted. went to free screening of paddington 2.. that is a good family movie. was busy from early to late.

house is stocked, cleaning to be done still. allergies bugging ds and me. accepted more work so 3 weekends in a row. puttered clean the side table were dh sits. he is a clutter magnet.
    This post was edited by marthamfi at January 11, 2018 6:26 PM PST
    • 1976 posts
    January 11, 2018 7:45 PM PST
    DD is doing renovations at her house so they have no stove. I made the grandbabies breakfast of scrambled eggs and fruit. I took it to her house when I went over to get grandson for school. I picked him up from school and then my BFF and I went to Costco. I picked up a few packages of meat for the weekend. We are going to bbq this weekend since our guys are working on DD'S house. They are painting and laying wood floors. The next project will be building a fence around the pool. When the floors are done then we can finish unpacking. Dinner was rotisserie chicken, rice and sliced vegetables