Forums » Hobbies and Crafts

2018 Crafting What are you making ?

• 3910 posts
    May 28, 2018 4:28 PM PDT
    finished edging the neckline of the poncho and the baby blanket today. a yarn I ordered online but not a favorite so used it up and have something for the gift stash.
    • 2308 posts
    May 28, 2018 5:48 PM PDT
    I am currently working on embroidering some dish towels, making personalized aprons for the grandkids and nieces and crocheting a couple of blankets.
    • 554 posts
    May 31, 2018 6:45 PM PDT
    I was talking with my mom the other day about one of her many outside (wild birds) that come around her house well one of them spent weeks trying to make a nest even with help from another bird, She was still unable to get it right (like the middle was missing LOL) so I suggested to my mom she needed a crocheted nest like the Rehab place have for rescue wild birds (eagles/owl/ etc)....I whipped up 4 nest in various sizes to have my mom place around her Eve overhang area where these birds hang maybe they will use them....(Awaiting & up date LOL)..

This one measures 3 tall (enough to roll down for thickness/sturdiness of the nest) by 5 inches which before the rolling brim area starts.....I used half dc and single on the project....Here is a link to the pattern I used....http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/nest.html

I forgot to get a better pic but this one will have to do....:O)

Update: June 3rd,18 gave Mom the nests on Sunday the bird has already started adding things to the fake nest to use it :O) I am very happy to report she preferred the smaller ones I made which were close to a soda can size....

This post was edited by Jayashiangel at June 3, 2018 6:53 AM PDT
    • 3910 posts
    June 26, 2018 6:46 AM PDT
    finished a baby blanket out of a yarn called lollipop white with colours in it variegated very cheery. and a shawl I gifted to ds teacher. plus another baby blanket. I try putting up a picture but stretcher just says error. don't know if file is too big or what.
    This post was edited by marthamfi at June 26, 2018 6:48 AM PDT
    • 554 posts
    July 2, 2018 7:19 PM PDT
    I have been working on a few preemie blankets to donate & trying out a new blanket pattern...2 thumbs up on the blanket pattern so far :O) It's called Mile A Minute Blanket I watched a You Tube Video boy that was very helpful.....It was a challenge for me to say the least as soon as I find a few minutes to weave then ends in I will take pictures as I just finished all the join rows....
    This post was edited by Jayashiangel at July 2, 2018 7:22 PM PDT
    • 1442 posts
    July 3, 2018 11:22 PM PDT
    I'm waiting for pillow foams from joann's (free shipping and on sale). I'll attempt to make holiday pillows.Without a sewing machine.
    • 3910 posts
    July 22, 2018 6:56 PM PDT
    made a shawl/scarf using up some extra yarn started on dd blanket
    • 333 posts
    July 27, 2018 7:16 PM PDT
    working on a blanket made of scrap yarns.
    • 3910 posts
    August 27, 2018 9:19 PM PDT
    finished the call the midwife blanket out of pansy pop yarn ..white gray and lilac mix managed to post a pic below
    This post was edited by marthamfi at September 24, 2018 11:16 AM PDT
    • 3910 posts
    September 21, 2018 4:21 PM PDT
    made a wrap and a hat out of new yarn. coconut cream fuzzy one for wrap and berry muffin cupcake yarn for hat. comes with fun fur pompom
    This post was edited by marthamfi at September 24, 2018 11:15 AM PDT
    • 3910 posts
    October 29, 2018 4:05 PM PDT
    made a thick grey toque hat with curly tops on it and a pumpkin hat too
    This post was edited by marthamfi at November 3, 2018 9:20 PM PDT