Forums » Hobbies and Crafts

2018 Crafting What are you making ?

• 3794 posts
    May 28, 2018 4:28 PM PDT
    finished edging the neckline of the poncho and the baby blanket today. a yarn I ordered online but not a favorite so used it up and have something for the gift stash.
    • 2174 posts
    May 28, 2018 5:48 PM PDT
    I am currently working on embroidering some dish towels, making personalized aprons for the grandkids and nieces and crocheting a couple of blankets.
    • 575 posts
    May 31, 2018 6:45 PM PDT
    I was talking with my mom the other day about one of her many outside (wild birds) that come around her house well one of them spent weeks trying to make a nest even with help from another bird, She was still unable to get it right (like the middle was missing LOL) so I suggested to my mom she needed a crocheted nest like the Rehab place have for rescue wild birds (eagles/owl/ etc)....I whipped up 4 nest in various sizes to have my mom place around her Eve overhang area where these birds hang maybe they will use them....(Awaiting & up date LOL)..

This one measures 3 tall (enough to roll down for thickness/sturdiness of the nest) by 5 inches which before the rolling brim area starts.....I used half dc and single on the project....Here is a link to the pattern I used....http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/nest.html

I forgot to get a better pic but this one will have to do....:O)

Update: June 3rd,18 gave Mom the nests on Sunday the bird has already started adding things to the fake nest to use it :O) I am very happy to report she preferred the smaller ones I made which were close to a soda can size....

This post was edited by Jayashiangel at June 3, 2018 6:53 AM PDT
    • 3794 posts
    June 26, 2018 6:46 AM PDT
    finished a baby blanket out of a yarn called lollipop white with colours in it variegated very cheery. and a shawl I gifted to ds teacher. plus another baby blanket. I try putting up a picture but stretcher just says error. don't know if file is too big or what.
    This post was edited by marthamfi at June 26, 2018 6:48 AM PDT
    • 575 posts
    July 2, 2018 7:19 PM PDT
    I have been working on a few preemie blankets to donate & trying out a new blanket pattern...2 thumbs up on the blanket pattern so far :O) It's called Mile A Minute Blanket I watched a You Tube Video boy that was very helpful.....It was a challenge for me to say the least as soon as I find a few minutes to weave then ends in I will take pictures as I just finished all the join rows....
    This post was edited by Jayashiangel at July 2, 2018 7:22 PM PDT
    • 1322 posts
    July 3, 2018 11:22 PM PDT
    I'm waiting for pillow foams from joann's (free shipping and on sale). I'll attempt to make holiday pillows.Without a sewing machine.