Forums » Hobbies and Crafts

2018 Crafting What are you making ?

• 3723 posts
    May 28, 2018 4:28 PM PDT
    finished edging the neckline of the poncho and the baby blanket today. a yarn I ordered online but not a favorite so used it up and have something for the gift stash.
    • 2141 posts
    May 28, 2018 5:48 PM PDT
    I am currently working on embroidering some dish towels, making personalized aprons for the grandkids and nieces and crocheting a couple of blankets.
    • 574 posts
    May 31, 2018 6:45 PM PDT
    I was talking with my mom the other day about one of her many outside (wild birds) that come around her house well one of them spent weeks trying to make a nest even with help from another bird, She was still unable to get it right (like the middle was missing LOL) so I suggested to my mom she needed a crocheted nest like the Rehab place have for rescue wild birds (eagles/owl/ etc)....I whipped up 4 nest in various sizes to have my mom place around her Eve overhang area where these birds hang maybe they will use them....(Awaiting & up date LOL)..

This one measures 3 tall (enough to roll down for thickness/sturdiness of the nest) by 5 inches which before the rolling brim area starts.....I used half dc and single on the project....Here is a link to the pattern I used....http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/nest.html

I forgot to get a better pic but this one will have to do....:O)

Update: June 3rd,18 gave Mom the nests on Sunday the bird has already started adding things to the fake nest to use it :O) I am very happy to report she preferred the smaller ones I made which were close to a soda can size....

This post was edited by Jayashiangel at June 3, 2018 6:53 AM PDT