Forums » Around the House

Fall 2017 Decluttering Garden, garage house...

• 3571 posts
    September 25, 2017 8:13 PM PDT
    Nothing like spending a couple hours sorting out a cupboard and doors closed so you can't I did anything. the kids craft cupboard. discovered the cheap shirts dd got at a garage sale were nicer dressy shirts not tshirts for tyedye. so threw them in the laundry to see if she wants them for reg wear .good condition.

so bag for recycling..some for sale and the rest i will go though again and donate a bunch for moms group. shirts and jackets for thrift store too. plus some random toys etc. making a pile.
    dh did a garden cleanup last night bin full of tree trimmings and blackberry prickles
    • 3571 posts
    October 9, 2017 5:52 PM PDT
    took a car full to value village..some stuff was boxed up already. stuff I thought about bringing to moms group to see if it was wanted like the extra halloween decor said screw it and it went. went though the shoes, dh sorted out all the stuff from working on the bathroom etc so room yea! still work to do. kids both have bags of books to bring to school. have stuff to post to sell too.
    • 2070 posts
    October 9, 2017 6:27 PM PDT
    I sent all of the baby supplies to DD'S house so she could give them to her friends who are pregnant or sell the stuff that they can't use.
    • 3571 posts
    October 11, 2017 11:12 AM PDT
    dd bought a bag of books to school. a friend is coming to pick up a dvd player this afternoon. mil wants the clown costume friend dropped off though she had bought one.

update ..he got the dvd player, webkins stuffie clothes I found, some of the books for his kids. he had bought me beer as a thank you and I gave him beer that dh was given that I don't like. had asked him if he liked that brand so that is out of my fridge. win win
    This post was edited by marthamfi at October 11, 2017 3:30 PM PDT
    • 2022 posts
    October 11, 2017 5:51 PM PDT
    I had sorted some clothes for the birthday dinner on Sunday, I had 6 grocery bags and was able to give them to my coworker as she has 5 girls after our nurse's meeting today. They are out of my house and car. The kids had a bunch of jeans they said they would not wear, better if they go to a friend's. They wear kakhi's for uniforms monday through friday.
    • 3571 posts
    October 18, 2017 6:43 PM PDT
    gave friend boys undershirts, a dvd player and some pokemon books..rest of the pokemon books to another mom at moms group. and a cookie case full of books for ds school.
    • 3571 posts
    November 24, 2017 7:00 PM PST
    helping others and decluttering hamper family dd closet like new hoodies and sweaters she didnt wear
    • 3571 posts
    November 30, 2017 8:56 AM PST
    still fall lol though doesn't feel like it. donated like new items from dd closet for xmas hampers. plus new stuff stored away. filling a thrift store bag. moved along a bag of dutch books from my mom.
    • 2022 posts
    December 4, 2017 7:48 AM PST
    Decluttered some uniforms to the neighbor, and some toys to the thrift store. Working on the whole house again, a bit overwhelming.
    • 3571 posts
    December 4, 2017 11:59 AM PST
    it can be so it is either buckle down and spend a few hours in one room or just pick up things when you see it and put it in a bag I do both basically spring and fall when it is not hot lol

plus now it is natural because all the food hamper requests. hampers silent auctions...gift donations I clear out any unused new gifts, things bought on sale for that reason. have leggings, new socks, pjs sweaters etc for hamper gently used things are ok. so since the girl is dd age all new or worn only once or twice so declutter and give at the same time. plus fill the thrift store bag.

new unused workbooks for silent auction.

This post was edited by marthamfi at December 4, 2017 12:01 PM PST
    • 2022 posts
    December 4, 2017 1:30 PM PST
    What is the hamper request?
    • 3571 posts
    December 4, 2017 8:06 PM PST
    guides, schools etc ask for stuff for a family for xmas from a charity org. not sure where the schools decide for theirs but know where guides families get vented etc.. each level of guides is assigned a family and everyone contributes. get general ideas and sizes etc so they call it food hampers or gift hampers instead of usual donate to food bank. just happens that my groups family has a daughter and mom close in size to dd. dd school is asking for money or gift cards to help families but no details. ds school the family they are helping one thing the girls teens asking for scratch and win tickets..illegal for under 19 here..emailed the school that it was...kept my opinion to myself of waste of money they are and if you need help at xmas lotto is not a great use of it. sounds like one of those fishy families anyways so just will donate some food items and a body shop set got on sale after xmas last year to say we did it
    This post was edited by marthamfi at December 4, 2017 8:07 PM PST
    • 3571 posts
    December 12, 2017 6:07 PM PST
    donated 4 gifts to xmas sally ann drive all new toys or crafts
    • 1392 posts
    January 3, 2018 4:24 AM PST
    A big bag of like new clothing to be donated this week. When my DD moved out she found a tub of clothes most of them worn only once or twice. I bought them when I was sick and I didn't know I still had them. I went a little nuts buying for my first cruise when I started to recover. It was fun when I could buy a size small in any style but that didn't last long.