Forums » Family

Summer Plans

• 3299 posts
    June 22, 2016 4:46 AM PDT

Do you have any projects to do this summer or plans for the family?

• 3850 posts
    June 22, 2016 8:24 AM PDT

time flies...  I want to get some rooms painted in the house,   basement cleaned up.     some short trips...maybe overnight.   take advantage of free events.   lots of movies to see this summer too.   

lots of science kits, craft kits to use up here.  have one girl guide camp. 

• 1338 posts
    July 1, 2016 9:29 PM PDT

We're cleaning out the cellar (we did a real good job of cleaning the house of clutter and stuffed all of it in the cellar).......We do have volunteer work coming up at the shelter, a picnic, basketball practices (4x/week), a day at the amusement park and a couple movies to see at the theatre. 

We may fly out to see the in-laws but i'm not sure. DS1 and DS2 need surgery, so I need to make those appts.

• 3299 posts
    July 2, 2016 8:01 AM PDT

We are well into our plans, lol. Getting stuff moved into the house.

• 1441 posts
    July 6, 2016 11:32 AM PDT

Lots of projects that are not done. But we are having a lot of fun.

• 2161 posts
    July 13, 2016 6:55 AM PDT
    Our main project for this summer was to get the house hvac system replaced, which has been done. I cannot say enough how happy I am that we finally decided to 'just do it' this year. It has made all the difference in the world from the standpoint of comfort even though it was a very expensive investment. The electric bill to date has been substantially less than normal, and I will monitor it in hopes that this trend continues. Would like to finally finish cleaning and organizing things in the barn. It is still a work in progress and a lot remains to be done. Looking forward to our upcoming annual beach vacation.
    • 3850 posts
    July 15, 2016 7:59 AM PDT

our friend is giving us lava rock so that is great for the back patio redo. and maybe some other places.  still need to paint and put up the temp fence on our property beside the garage. 

• 3850 posts
    August 1, 2018 9:41 AM PDT
    summer almost over dh work starts early so on vacay some garden work done and now onto household stuff list goes on some small some others need to be hired to do like put in the new to us furnace recycle and reuse is our motto