Forums » Shopping

Latest Thrift Store Find

• 693 posts
    August 30, 2017 2:56 PM PDT
    Bought 13 wide mouth quart jars & 2 pints at the thrift.
    • 693 posts
    September 6, 2017 2:31 PM PDT
    Bought 14 quart jars & a couple half pints at Deseret Industries, along with a tea pot in perfect shape for $2, which will make it much easier for me to make mint tea & my other tisanes.
    • 3855 posts
    September 7, 2017 9:20 PM PDT

not thrift store but michaels grab bags for $4 got lots of fairy garden stuf, crafts for guides, other decor.  two hanging baskets of fake flowers

• 1473 posts
    September 13, 2017 5:11 PM PDT

got a bunch of shirt just my size for winter at a $3.00 bag at another thrift store and got a tub of legos for $2.00  my grands love legos and got a call on a hope chest i told the lady i wanted ... she said she had a 85 dollar offer well today when no one showed up I got it for 50 dollars a buy it huge and very well made .. my sil said it a Amish blanket chest ...( what the difference ?)  so I have it in the hall with blankets in it ....

• 3855 posts
    September 21, 2017 5:35 PM PDT

good deal on the legos...nice score on the chest!

nothing to do while waiting so stopped at value village.. got a bag of lego min figures for $10,  a tshirt w funny saying for ds $2..I have the perfect parents. ..no homework until your video games are done with a pic.  and a fur collar $7. 

• 265 posts
    September 30, 2017 11:16 AM PDT
    Since having health issues this past year I've had days when I can only wear yoga pants and that got boring LOL so I found some denim and twill long skirts at goodwill for $3 each! I hate shopping for clothes at any of the big box stores! Everything is made for size 2 or 13 year olds!! Nothing covers anything anymore.......gah I must be getting old!!
    • 265 posts
    September 30, 2017 11:18 AM PDT
    Gayla the hope chest sounds beautiful!
    • 2115 posts
    October 1, 2017 8:02 PM PDT
    When we were in Pa, we went to a Mennonite Thrift store. What a wonderful store, very clean, organized. I found a framed emboried piece that was dated 1714 with the persons name. I bought it for DIL Christmas gift. It was $9 but worth it. She will love it. I got a pyrex bowl and two books for me.
    • 265 posts
    October 2, 2017 7:57 AM PDT
    i love pyrex bowls they are so expensive online for the vintage ones!
    • 42 posts
    October 25, 2017 12:37 PM PDT
    I'm back and shopping at my old thrift. Although it's now an ARC rather than Savers.
    I've found work clothes to cover me for two weeks for $20.
    I'll be walking over in a bit looking for a shirt for this weekend. I need to be a little spiffier.
    • 41 posts
    October 27, 2017 11:54 AM PDT
    Not a thrift store find, but a craigslist find - 11 pieces of Corelle dinnerware (4 bowls, 4 small plates, and 3 large plates) for $10.

I wanted to cut down on our paper plate usage but needed something to stand in for my heavy stoneware. A while ago, I'd purchased a few small melamine plates at my local thrift store and subsequently learned that they are NOT recommended for use in the microwave, nor for the bottom rack of the dishwasher. That led me to seek out the Corelle which is safe for both microwave and dishwasher. And it doesn't take up a lot of space. I will donate the melamine.
    This post was edited by lcache at October 27, 2017 11:56 AM PDT
    • 3855 posts
    November 14, 2017 10:09 AM PST
    that is a good deal lcache. looked at value village but no luck with what I needed for kids. gotten pricey. dd found a new pokemon winter hat 10 bucks but I had a 20% off card so got that and some yarn from eatons and woolco two stores that don't exist here anymore. kinda sad all the vintage yarn from someone plus looked like blankets made with it too for sale but guess that is what happens to your craft stuff.

another store got couple of books for kids comics like dilbert and a vintage cookbook and honey pot for xmas gifts
    This post was edited by marthamfi at November 14, 2017 10:13 AM PST
    • 3855 posts
    November 21, 2017 11:05 AM PST
    half price value village sale spent just under 30 bucks. 2 tshirts mens bathrobe, fancy dress cardigan which I have been looking for for over a year. fancy hoodie for dd or gift for xmas hamper. small tunsian crocheted blanket
    • 3855 posts
    December 28, 2017 10:11 AM PST
    got a rubic cube and pair of underarmour pants for ds
    • 1213 posts
    January 29, 2018 10:33 AM PST
    I got an Eddie Bauer button down shirt yesterday that I'd been watching for about a month..I waited for the color tag sale. I noticed that my work wardrobe this winter has been 2 beige shirts (which look identical) and 3 blue shirts...2 of which are almost identical. So, I donated the shirt I liked the least back to thrift and decided to buy something with color or pattern to break things up a bit. This is red with a diamond pattern. Should still be able to wash it with my darks. Usually I wear sweaters all winter but this winter is so warm here that I get to hot in those.
    • 41 posts
    February 2, 2018 1:57 PM PST
    I bought a thermal top (to use for pj's, match a pair of flannel pj pants I'm sewing) and a pair of jeans at Goodwill. These were blue price tags, and they were 50% off. Total cost for both was just under $5.00.
    • 3855 posts
    February 9, 2018 11:43 AM PST
    picked up some adias pants for ds and a xmas dvd at new branch of a thrift store
    • 693 posts
    February 19, 2018 6:29 PM PST
    Our oldest daughter came to visit, & we went shopping at Deseret Industries. Found 3 beautiful dresses for the granddaughters: 2 in dark green, and 1 in bright red, for a couple of dollars each. I paid for them, & when she told me I didn’t have to do that, I told her I was choosing to do it! My daughter emailed me pics of the girls in the dresses when she got home.
    • 1213 posts
    February 27, 2018 12:15 PM PST
    I had a list "good small vacuum with a beater bar and a hose" and "a thing that tells the outside temperature that I can use with my brandnewused pickup"...and I found BOTH OF THEM at goodwill on Sunday with the sale color of the day on the vac! It's a little shark brand. I used my 20% for donating coupon and the total with sales tax was $4.54. I'm overly excited about it. The temperature thingy was made by radio shack in the 1990s but was new in the box and is specifically a thermometer on a wire for use on vehicles. It also tells me the interior temp and the battery in the box was still good. I'm always surprised when I have a list and I actually get the stuff.
    • 3855 posts
    April 6, 2018 7:51 AM PDT
    nice maggie friend wanted to go to value village short sleeve shirt half price so found a shirt and a lego book/set for 5 bucks
    • 1213 posts
    April 6, 2018 5:15 PM PDT
    Nice! I keep getting compliments on the eddie bauer shirt I bought at thrift several weeks ago.
    • 1213 posts
    May 1, 2018 7:51 AM PDT
    Another thrift score: Wonder Wash mini manual washing machine/device. I do like laundry. I have the plunger washer thingies and buckets, but wanted to try one of these. They cost 40-50$ new, this was priced at $12.00 and I used my 20% off coupon saved from a donation receipt. I think that made it $9.60. It costs me 2$ a load at the laundromat so I could save that in a few weeks of doing the t-shirts and undies and sox in this rather than a big washer. But mostly I enjoy laundry gadgets. I also got a coffee gadget. A vietnamese style drip-o-lator that sits on top of a big mug. There was something else...it was a big thrift day. Oh! An enameled dish with a lid. that is part of my quest for mouse proof storage (and my enamelware fetish).
    • 3855 posts
    May 1, 2018 8:42 PM PDT
    nice score! wasn't planning on it but friend texted and picked me for 50% off sale at value village. got 2 pairs shorts, simpsons hockey jersey, couple athelic pants for dd, plus a tshirt says santa paws with a cat up her alley and 2 hoodies for her. athelic top too.

new beading kit for gift stash. plus a betty boop leather purse large like tote.
    • 3855 posts
    July 24, 2018 5:07 PM PDT
    have been good and staying out of thrift stores. but kids needs summer shorts so 3 for dd and 2 for ds w discount 3 to 5 bucks each one pair was new 1.39 for 2 cloth placemats x 2 apron 3 bucks for bag of mixed pricey mini figures lego playmobil a pokemon etc. plus unloaded a bunch of stuff and got a 30% off card for another day